Resurfacing Updates

I don't think it's acceptable if Twitter is the only efficient way to get a useful response from the Council/Amey about this. The percentage of the population which has access to or has ever used Twitter must be quite small.

I did not say it was the only way, I said it was a way to get a quick answer.:help:

Streets Ahead/ Amey are a joke! They've supposed to have being resurfacing our road since mid September. They came and planed it on Monday with a view to resurfacing today. Then this afternoon, the workmen came round and took all the signs down! I tweeted to ask why and they said it was due to too many parked cars! There were two on our road, but neither were residents and were builders working on properties so could have moved if asked. Think they're just full of excuses.

Hi,

Does anyone know what's going on with the Streets Ahead scheme in Ecclesfield? I recently moved into Sheffield, and after seeing the horrendous state of the roads and having my car constantly on the verge of losing a wheel (due to decades of poor repairs & not resurfacing more than potholes themselves), i went tralling the internet to find out why nothing had been done about it, and I came across Streets Ahead.

Streets Ahead looks great, and the new LED streetlights are fantastic - so i have high hopes. However, when i go onto their interactive map, it's telling me that my local area (Ecclesfield) was scheduled for 2012. Now, Ecclesfield Road leading (scheduled for 2013) into Ecclesfield was indeed done a few months ago, and it's superb. However, the side/back roads (which again it says should have been done in 2012) and are still in a terrible state. In some places, the amount of dodgy repairs on the roads are simply mind blowing!

I've tried contacting Streets Ahead to find out what's going on with the resurfacing in Ecclesfield, but they don't seem to want to reply - does anybody have any insight?

Simplest thing to do would be to ring 2734567, option one then option two and put a query in. There have been grumbles that an area has a road done whilst others in the immediate vicinity are left, i assume this is to cause the least amount of disruption and still allow people to get around.

We had a letter some time ago telling us not to park on the road on the 26th august and the third of sept as the road was being surfaced,well don't know what happened but it didn't get done and now we have been told they are not doing it,cant they get anything right,also why are they putting new lamp posts up and leaving the old ones up about a couple of foot away from each other,thought they were trying to improve the look of the area but they have made it worse

We had a letter some time ago telling us not to park on the road on the 26th august and the third of sept as the road was being surfaced,well don't know what happened but it didn't get done and now we have been told they are not doing it,cant they get anything right,also why are they putting new lamp posts up and leaving the old ones up about a couple of foot away from each other,thought they were trying to improve the look of the area but they have made it worse

If our estate is anything to go by, they will eventually remove the old lamp posts.

As for the dates they give you, I don't know why they bother, because they didn't even come close to hitting any of them in High Green.

The works up here are nearly all done, but it has taken about 4 months longer than we were originally advised.

For what it's worth the roads now are excellent and I prefer the new street lighting, it's just a shame the organisation of this work was so shambolic.

Regards

Doom