Resurfacing Updates

I doubt the TdF thing is true but frankly, if making everything go smoothly (pun entirely intended) for that means a bit more investment in to the city, then why not make sure those areas are tip top condition for the race?

Everything will get done eventually, barring a massive ****-up*.

* jinx.

Have you driven on Fraser Road in Woodseats, the road has sunken all over and the council has yellow marked certain parts. The road is a mess, I pay road tax for these roads

The council love spray painting stuff, there has been spray paint on some of my area for the past 5 years or more and nothing has been filled in, you would think they spray things on a bore day to get them out the cabins.

Have you driven on Fraser Road in Woodseats, the road has sunken all over and the council has yellow marked certain parts. The road is a mess, I pay road tax for these roads

No you don't. There's been no such thing as "road tax" since 1937.

If you own a car, what you pay is Vehicle Excise Duty, which is based on engine size and emissions. A pollution tax, really.

Dan

No you don't. There's been no such thing as "road tax" since 1937.

If you own a car, what you pay is Vehicle Excise Duty, which is based on engine size and emissions. A pollution tax, really.

Dan

Anyway the working people pay enough tax in this country so the roads should be perfect

this is rubbish! they're currently doing little side roads in crookes and i'm pretty sure the tour de france aint coming round here!

The Tour de France route is outlined here: http://letour.yorkshire.com/the-route.

I presume they will want to make sure that the main roads to be used by the Tour will be in good condition. But it's obvious that they aren't *only* doing Tour routes now.

Dan

---------- Post added 10-09-2013 at 07:00 ----------

Anyway the working people pay enough tax in this country so the roads should be perfect

We pay a lot in tax, no argument there. But how much would it cost us to make the roads "perfect"?

Dan

I doubt the TdF thing is true but frankly, if making everything go smoothly (pun entirely intended) for that means a bit more investment in to the city, then why not make sure those areas are tip top condition for the race?

Everything will get done eventually, barring a massive ****-up*.

* jinx.

I'm fully in favour of them completing routes on the TdF first, it makes perfect sense.

Pictures of the event will be on TV around the world, we don't want to give the impression that our city is a pot holed riddled mess (even if it is :hihi:).

Regards

Doom