Can anyone help me get a Passport? I do not exist?

Dentzler

I was always lead to believe I was born in Highland Park General Wayne County Michigan USA and myself and my mother (now deceased) emigrated here in 1990 and I have lived in England ever since.

But according to USA department of state I do not exist, I suspect this could be due to Highland Park General Hospital closing the year I was born 1976, and my birth not been registered?

I do however have a UK NI No. but according UK immigration this does not qualify for a UK passport but they will not state why?

Your mum was not on sort of witnes protection program was she ?

I've always suspected this could be the case but she never divulged any information.

---------- Post added 03-09-2013 at 01:13 ----------

Do you have a US Passport?

Are named on your mother's US Passport?

Are you currently employed?

Have you not had to prove your residential/immigration status to your employer?

No, I'm currently claiming ESA and have previously worked for various agencies as a model whom have only ever asked for my NI.

It looks like you have a big job on your hands.

I would start with the American Embassy. They will probably try and fob you off, but if your claim is true, you are a US Citizen and you need their help to prove it.

Most likely they will say that you have to prove that you are from the US before they will help you.

Contact your MP as well.

Do you have any other relatives, either dead or alive?

Were your mother in the WPP there should be no danger now, as I hope she's in a safe place above.

The US authorities should be able to help you. Contact the FBI.

Do you have any official paperwork? Did your mother leave any?

If you were born in 1976 and came here in 1990, you must have attended school in the US, and been vaccinated etc. Perhaps you could make some enquiries along these lines?

What is your current immigration status? You should clarify this. You may be in a position to apply for citizenship here and then a UK passport, you may already be a UK citizen. Some people's documents are lost in the system here, which explains why they haven't got them, so try to find out, and if this is the case you can get your MP involved to try to untangle things.

Get some proper immigration advice - there are some solicitors who offer an hours free advice, or try http://www.advicesheffield.org.uk for details of free advice through the Citizen's Advice Bureau and similar organisations.

Archived