Feckless parents are failing their children.

Why do these people bother having children? Just for the benefits? It doesn't seem like they put any thought or effort into their job of being a parent. What do they imagine their children will be like as adults?

Bold - IMO yes. Although they're extremes, it's why you get "parents" with kids numbering in double figures.

It is a dig at parents AND a political rant. I do blame Labour for being enablers of feckless behaviour.

As Mecky quite rightly pointed out the problems started long before Labour came to power in the late 90s. Now Labour certainly didn't help matters but they cannot soley be held accountable for them.

I think part of the problem is that we financially reward people for having kids; without any consideration for their fitness as human beings or potential parents.

This is completely unnatural, it would not happen in nature; if you're an animal, and you act in a retarded manner, you do not get to have kids, you get to be meal for a more functional animal.

Speaking of feckless parents, its new term so time to laugh at all the stupid first names they've given their offspring.

I can't mention any for data protection purposes but lets just say I've had a great laugh at some this week!

So are the Beckhams feckless parents? They've got a bob or two you know

So are the Beckhams feckless parents? They've got a bob or two you know
For what?

Talent for kicking a ball around a pitch in one case, and in the other a talent for marrying and staying latched onto the ball-kicking talent? Great example you've picked there, Mecky. Highly relevant to, what...at least 0.000001% of the UK population. Oh, so did Jade Goody, btw.

As doting parents as they may be/have been, they and their 'celeb' ilk are the antithesis of good role models.

Feckless parents have always existed, but where the amplitude of phenomenon is concerned thse days, I blame both the media (as usual) and successive Gvts promoting this culture of entitlement (this applies to many countries besides the UK, btw).

It is a dig at parents AND a political rant. I do blame Labour for being enablers of feckless behaviour.

Society is the enabler of feckless behaviour - until all schools start enforcing minimum standards for admissions it will only continue to decline.

For what?

Talent for kicking a ball around a pitch in one case, and in the other a talent for marrying and staying latched onto the ball-kicking talent? Great example you've picked there, Mecky. Highly relevant to, what...at least 0.000001% of the UK population. Oh, so did Jade Goody, btw.

As doting parents as they may be/have been, they and their 'celeb' ilk are the antithesis of good role models.

Feckless parents have always existed, but where the amplitude of phenomenon is concerned thse days, I blame both the media (as usual) and successive Gvts promoting this culture of entitlement (this applies to many countries besides the UK, btw).

For calling their kids the names they did, try to pay attention

Archived