How many of us are single?

What is your current status?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current status?

• Single and happy
    • Single and unhappy
    • In a relationship and happy
    • In a relationship and unhappy
    • Not sure what i am. Don't know if i'm happy or not. (just for those who like giving vague answers)

I'm curious. From reading these threads for a while now, i get the impression that there are a lot of singletons here. I may be completly wrong. Just for fun lets have a poll and see what the stats say? Not to be taken too seriously. I appologise if this seems like a bit of a heat magazine poll, but what the hell!

I went for the vague answer, cos i'm although i'm single, i'm not really that bothered. If I meet someone cool, something could happen. If not, i'm not bothered. I'm not the sort of person to go looking for it.

I just look at all my mates who get dragged out of the pub for a telling off by their girlfriend for 'not paying them enough attention' or 'talking to other girls'. And I thank god that I dont have to bother with that cr*p.

Then I look at em all leaving together at the end of the night as I get into a cab on my own, and then it seems really crap being single.

So sometimes it sucks, sometimes it's cool. Depends what mood i'm in. Usually i'm pretty content.

Last time I was with someone it caused so much agro it put me off the whole thing for a while!

Well I'm not single and very happy, but I was single for quite a long time between. At that time I would have said single and happy, but in hindsight maybe I wasn't. I used to say that I was happy being single and independant, being able to do what I wanted etc, but now that I am in a relationship, I realise that I was kidding myself and although I was happy with my friends, work, social life etc, I wasn't really happy in myself as I missed having someone to love and love me.

As for girls who drag their blokes out of pubs and complain when there blokes talk to other girls..I just don't get it. I'm all for 'letting' my man go out (I hate the word letting, good god, he has his own mind and doesn't need my permission). I think it's important to give each other freedom to continue to have a life with other friends which means going to the pub without each other on occasions and I don't mind my bloke talking to girls, I talk to other men! It is possible to have friends of the opposite sex. We have trust, so why should I worry if a girl talks to him. Dragging a bloke out of a pub will only lead to problems later on down the line, its not worth it. These girls need to chill out. Let your man have a say in what he wants and vice versa and then you'll both be happy and content. Tell them they can't do something, and guess what, they'll do it anyway or do it behind your back!

Originally posted by Foxxx

Well I'm not single and very happy, but I was single for quite a long time between. At that time I would have said single and happy, but in hindsight maybe I wasn't. I used to say that I was happy being single and independant, being able to do what I wanted etc, but now that I am in a relationship, I realise that I was kidding myself and although I was happy with my friends, work, social life etc, I wasn't really happy in myself as I missed having someone to love and love me.

Oi, stop trying to burst this lovely, happy, bubble i live in.

Originally posted by Foxxx

Dragging a bloke out of a pub will only lead to problems later on down the line, its not worth it. These girls need to chill out. Let your man have a say in what he wants and vice versa and then you'll both be happy and content. Tell them they can't do something, and guess what, they'll do it anyway or do it behind your back!

Spoken like a true genius.

Originally posted by jackthedog

I went for the vague answer, cos i'm although i'm single, i'm not really that bothered. If I meet someone cool, something could happen. If not, i'm not bothered. I'm not the sort of person to go looking for it.

that sums up my thoughts on this perfectly

Archived