Train Ticket - Crazy Pricing

I'm going to Brighton on the 1st October fiver for National Express to London then a fiver to Brighton on the train with the same on the way back £20.00 return to Brighton is dirt cheap...

I agree - I've done it that way myself, but using Nat. Express means a longer journey and I'd rather pay the extra and not have to leave so early. Doesn't mean I might not use that option for my summer trips though.

I agree - I've done it that way myself, but using Nat. Express means a longer journey and I'd rather pay the extra and not have to leave so early. Doesn't mean I might not use that option for my summer trips though.

I don't mind the coach really where going to the match so staying down the night so not really in a rush, we can't check in till 3pm and train get's to Brighton at 1:58 after setting off at 7:30 from Sheffield so not too bad really I suppose...

Im off up to Glasgow 15th Oct returning the following day,Tickets are £93 return travelling via Warrington on the Redspotted hankey and the Trainline sites.Booked up for the Warrington to Glasgow part with Megatrain £3.50 return including 50p booking fee ,Sheffield to Warrington £15 return,Also travelling back from London next friday £7 for a single Megatrain, Eastmidlands charging £29 for the same ticket.

The cheaper the ticket the more restrictive it is.

The terms and conditions for travel with MegaBus on trains means that you get your money back on cancellation but often no alternative travel.

Megabus is part of Stagecoach Group and only provides a few seats on a few trains on a few routes owned or part owned by Stagecoach eg East Midlands Trains and Virgin.

Reminder: Trainline charges you to buy tickets, TOCs do not.

Archived