Former TA soldier becomes UK's first transgender Muslim woman!

Interesting story here of a former labourer and Territorial Army soldier who has had a sex change and religion change and is now a hijab wearing girl called Lucy!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2411152/Lucy-Vallender-Former-male-TA-soldier-UKs-transgender-Muslim-woman-MARRIED.html

I know I shouldn't but I really couldn't stifle a laugh over this.

She isn't the first:- I knew of a transgender woman who converted to Islam about 15 years ago. Sadly she's passed away now.

---------- Post added 04-09-2013 at 15:52 ----------

Oh, and she doesn't "wear the veil to show she is married..." that's Piddle-poor reporting from the DM as always....

The wearing of a veil (or hijaab/ scarf) has nothing to do with whether someone is married or not. It's for Muslim women who have reached puberty.

just spotted another error in their so-called reporting:-

Miss Vallender says she has been victimised by worhippers, who she says have asked her personal, and banned her because she is a transexual, and she wants to 'get justice' for transgender and Muslim people.

I can't really see her or him finding much tolerance amongst muslims in this country, but I once saw a fascinating and award winning documentary about men who wanted to become women in Iran. The government there is remarkably tolerant and will pay for sex changes once for men wanting to be women once the relevant committee has been convinced of the applicants sincerity.

Yes, I was surprised too, especially considering the Iranian islamic government's strictness and intolerance on other sexual matters.

Here it is on Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be_Like_Others

She? its a bloke in a dress!

If her Gender Dysphoria means that she identifies as a female, then she is a SHE, and referred to as such.

---------- Post added 04-09-2013 at 16:02 ----------

another error (I don't know why i don't just cut and paste the article, as it's garbage and misspellings from start to finish

In another major life change, she then converted to Islam because it promoted peace last September.

It only promoted peace last September? oh, right!

---------- Post added 04-09-2013 at 16:04 ----------

and another glaring grammatical error:-

The 28-year-old is now married to another Muslim man she met on an online dating site, but he did not know she was once a man when they wed.

Oh? - Married to another Muslim man? You mean this is not the first Muslim man she has been married to?

Archived