Former TA soldier becomes UK's first transgender Muslim woman!

I suppose now hes a women he, i mean she will be wanting to have her own baby.

The joys of childbirth is something every women should experience if they can.

why? No, Serioiusly... WHY?

I have a female (born female) friend who is not at all maternal. She does not want children, does not intend to ever have children. If she feels that way, who are we to say "She SHOULD" have children.

Same as me. I have fertility problems, and have difficulty getting pregnant. (and at nearly fifty, I find the idea of a pregnancy at my age faintly ridiculous, if I'm honest) MUST I get pregnant?

He's a male.

The fact that he's had psycological problems ameliorated by cosmetic surgery doesn't alter his gender.

No, she has a condition called Gender Dysphoria. research shows that most people with this condition genuinely have brains that are wired up as per the gender they identify with, so someone born female, who identifies as a transgender male has a brain wired up as a male, a person born as a male who identifies as female, has a brain wired up like a female's.

I can't really see her or him finding much tolerance amongst muslims in this country, but I once saw a fascinating and award winning documentary about men who wanted to become women in Iran. The government there is remarkably tolerant and will pay for sex changes once for men wanting to be women once the relevant committee has been convinced of the applicants sincerity.

Yes, I was surprised too, especially considering the Iranian islamic government's strictness and intolerance on other sexual matters.

Here it is on Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be_Like_Others

Where these poeple ever shown after the op?

No, she has a condition called Gender Dysphoria. research shows that most people with this condition genuinely have brains that are wired up as per the gender they identify with, so someone born female, who identifies as a transgender male has a brain wired up as a male, a person born as a male who identifies as female, has a brain wired up like a female's.

Just because you think you are a woman, does not make you one.

Would you accept a psycologically imbalanced man who thought he was King as your monarch, just because it is his believe that he is so?

It is surgery being used to treat a psycological disorder which, in my opinion, is wrong.

why? No, Serioiusly... WHY?

I have a female (born female) friend who is not at all maternal. She does not want children, does not intend to ever have children. If she feels that way, who are we to say "She SHOULD" have children.

Same as me. I have fertility problems, and have difficulty getting pregnant. (and at nearly fifty, I find the idea of a pregnancy at my age faintly ridiculous, if I'm honest) MUST I get pregnant?

Because its what women are designed to do, give birth to the next generation. Sure some wont want to for various reasons and some cant for various reasons but any women who can and wants to should.

Im not saying women should be forced to. Sure some wont want to and thats ok.

You would fall into the 'cant' category and im afraid theres not much i can say to you other than im sorry. Obviously there are other women like you so no, ill repeat im not saying women should be forced to have kids, just if they can, do.

What about the lady in the op?

Which category do you think she may fall into?

It was your definition; Female - one who identifies as being a girl or woman; which made me think you were talking more about self-identity, rather than biology.

No. go back and pay attention to your Biology tutor.

A male with an XYY karyotype is still a male. A female with an XO karyotype is still a female.

Ask your doctor if you don't believe me. Better still, ask an endocrinologist.

---------- Post added 04-09-2013 at 17:03 ----------

Just because you think you are a woman, does not make you one.

Would you accept a psycologically imbalanced man who thought he was King as your monarch, just because it is his believe that he is so?

It is surgery being used to treat a psycological disorder which, in my opinion, is wrong.

I think I'm a woman. Actually, no... I KNOW i'm a woman. I was born a woman. I've grown up a woman. My gynaecologist agrees I am a woman. My Birth certificate, my marriage certificate state that I am a woman. My death certificate will state that I am a woman. Not that I need them to tell me I'm a woman.

No-one had to tell me I am a woman, same as no-one had to tell me I was straight.

From what my transgender friends have said, they did not need to be told they were women. They knew.

Archived