Former TA soldier becomes UK's first transgender Muslim woman!

Because its what women are designed to do, give birth to the next generation. Sure some wont want to for various reasons and some cant for various reasons but any women who can and wants to should.

Im not saying women should be forced to. Sure some wont want to and thats ok.

You would fall into the 'cant' category and im afraid theres not much i can say to you other than im sorry. Obviously there are other women like you so no, ill repeat im not saying women should be forced to have kids, just if they can, do.

What about the lady in the op?

Which category do you think she may fall into?

to remind you, what you said was this:-

I suppose now hes a women he, i mean she will be wanting to have her own baby.

The joys of childbirth is something every women should experience if they can.

You gave no quarter in that straight-up statement, not a "Well my friend doesn't want kids, that's ok.." you said every woman should if they can. That's unequivocal.

I would say this woman in the article is one of the "women who can't have their own kids"

Just because you think you are a woman, does not make you one.

Would you accept a psycologically imbalanced man who thought he was King as your monarch, just because it is his believe that he is so?

It is surgery being used to treat a psycological disorder which, in my opinion, is wrong.

Its not possible to change the chemical make up of the brain, so doctors change the body to match the brain. Even if it was possible to change the brain the patient would likely loose their identity, they would become someone else.

No. go back and pay attention to your Biology tutor.

A male with an XYY karyotype is still a male. A female with an XO karyotype is still a female.

Ask your doctor if you don't believe me. Better still, ask an endocrinologist.

I'm really not that interested in the subject matter, to justify me making further inquiry on the matter.

If you're now saying it's not about self-identity, and is about biology, then it seems to me your earlier post misrepresented your position.

Female:- one who identifies as being a woman or girl...

...suggests to me, that you felt being Female is more a matter of self-identity than biology?

Happy to hear you understand that isn't the case.

I don't understand it at all. Why not just be a feminine gay man? I can't help but think that people who have sex changes are deeply unhappy with themselves and looking for something to put it right. I don't think it works though.

Part of the psychological examinations people go through before having a sex change is to identify the underlying cause of why people want such a change. If the doctors decide that the problems that caused the desire for change won't be solved by the change they won't approve it. I know of one person who is in exactly that position. He's decided all his problems will go away if he was just a woman. The doctors think he's focussing on that as a way to avoid dealing with the real causes of his problems.

I also know someone who is currently going though a sex change. They had the same psychological examinations and the doctors decided a sex change was the appropriate course of action - i.e. they weren't just unhappy and looking for something to put it right.

All of which is to say your first sentence is correct, you don't understand it at all.

Where these poeple ever shown after the op?

You'll find them on match.com if you're looking for a new girlfriend TC.

---------- Post added 04-09-2013 at 17:45 ----------

I don't understand it at all. Why not just be a feminine gay man?

Don't tax yourself HH, you carry on being a Neanderthal man :hihi:

---------- Post added 04-09-2013 at 17:47 ----------

No, she has a condition called Gender Dysphoria. research shows that most people with this condition genuinely have brains that are wired up as per the gender they identify with, so someone born female, who identifies as a transgender male has a brain wired up as a male, a person born as a male who identifies as female, has a brain wired up like a female's.

Part of the psychological examinations people go through before having a sex change is to identify the underlying cause of why people want such a change. If the doctors decide that the problems that caused the desire for change won't be solved by the change they won't approve it. I know of one person who is in exactly that position. He's decided all his problems will go away if he was just a woman. The doctors think he's focussing on that as a way to avoid dealing with the real causes of his problems.

I also know someone who is currently going though a sex change. They had the same psychological examinations and the doctors decided a sex change was the appropriate course of action - i.e. they weren't just unhappy and looking for something to put it right.

All of which is to say your first sentence is correct, you don't understand it at all.

Thank god, you two raised the tone :)

Just because you think you are a woman, does not make you one.

Would you accept a psycologically imbalanced man who thought he was King as your monarch, just because it is his believe that he is so?

It is surgery being used to treat a psycological disorder which, in my opinion, is wrong.

If a psycologically [sic] imbalanced man thought he was king he would be assessed for disorders such as schizophrenia, which is a completely different illness to gender dysphoria, so your comparison fails.

People with gender dysphoria have to go through a rigorous procedure to become the gender that they associate with, and are assessed for surgery by a team of professionals with many years training; not by a vox populi. Thankfully.

If a psycologically [sic] imbalanced man thought he was king he would be assessed for disorders such as schizophrenia, which is a completely different illness to gender dysphoria, so your comparison fails.

People with gender dysphoria have to go through a rigorous procedure to become the gender that they associate with, and are assessed for surgery by a team of professionals with many years training; not by a vox populi. Thankfully.

Often, an imbalanced man thinks he is a king, and the masses agree with him!

Archived