Westway; All changed again?

goldenfleece

So PETE has bought the lease from that holding company in Nottingham? If that is the case surprised he has gone for the SKY SPORTS approach..we dobnt want yet another clone West Street Bar. Last time I spoke to him he said he would buy if if he had the money and turn it into a rock bar.

Oh well, you hve the go with the flow of the money in the bar business, and rock just really isn't a recipe for great financial success in this town at the moment. Not sure about the Sky Sports bit......every bar has big screen and Sky sports though all competing for a very saturdated market on West Street.

Goldenfleece to a point I agree with you, I'd hate to see the place turned into another West Street bar, but I have had reassurance that once complete Westway will be different! All I can suggest is that you come in and see for youeself.

The rock/alternative night is not dead, just instead of being on every week it will be a monthly feature. I am really hoping that it will get enough interest, because the weekly one was, let's face it, a little on the quiet side. Its the age old saying - use it, or lose it - I'm affraid.

Pete has had lots of ideas about what he'd like to do with the place, but yes he does have to ensure the place is profitable. Weekly rock right now is not!

Career Girl - If he's the one I'm thinking of, yeah he still works there.

As has been said 'use it or lose it' means both the rock night and old skool nights have gone and there is a giant telly with sport on in the place of them.

There should be some rock and classic (i.e. less cheesy) 80s events on there in the next few months, there just weren't the customers to do it weekly.

Westways has to make money - it is almost completely redecorated now and looking much brighter. Yes it is now much like the rest of them but it's still a darned nice pub!

The gut with the spiky hair now works doors but does our thursday nights as DJ Krixx, his dad was the previous landlord, Dennis.

I have now signed the lease on a holding contract. I have been given backing, which has paid for redecoration, sky etc and the production of flyers which you should see going about shortly.

There will still be 'events' outside the normal advertised nights and if anyone should feel the need to try and organise anything feel free to drop in and talk to me at the bar, I'm Pete btw. Any events would be on a give it a try Mon, Tues or Wed basis, based upon approval by all interested parties, ie me and my backer.

The gut with the spiky hair now works doors but does our thursday nights as DJ Krixx, his dad was the previous landlord, Dennis.

I have now signed the lease on a holding contract. I have been given backing, which has paid for redecoration, sky etc and the production of flyers which you should see going about shortly.

There will still be 'events' outside the normal advertised nights and if anyone should feel the need to try and organise anything feel free to drop in and talk to me at the bar, I'm Pete btw. Any events would be on a give it a try Mon, Tues or Wed basis, based upon approval by all interested parties, ie me and my backer.

Good stuff, well good luck with all of that.

I havent been in for ages, ill have to pop in the weekend. I used to date Chris, nice guy...

Hope it works out for you. So much potential there. Will have to call in for a beer or 2 soon. Not sure about the SKy Sports approach though.....you can find that in every pub on West street. Still, a change is always a good thing me thinks........have you the auhtority to change the name? Something more snazzy....Rat and Parrot??? (always liked that name)

You sound like a stalker:suspect:

Good luck Pete, hope everything goes well:thumbsup:

I would of gone to the Rock nights if i didn't live in Chesterfield. Anyone want to buy a house?:help:

Actually, NO, thats the reason i havent been in for ages!!! if i was a stalker i would have ben in every weekend!! god you sound blonde....:loopy:

Actually, NO, thats the reason i havent been in for ages!!! if i was a stalker i would have ben in every weekend!! god you sound blonde....:loopy:

Calm down it was only a joke:thumbsup: Maybe my humour doesn't always come across very well:D

And i am blonde, how did you know...not stalking me are you?????:suspect:

Archived