Are Libraries Still Required?

I'm delighted my local library (Firth Park) is to be spared, but very sorry for all those users, and there will be many, who are to lose theirs.

I borrow several books per fortnight, as well as buying a lot of books, new and second hand. I have just last week collected a book I ordered through the inter-library loan service.

I also make use of the archives and reference libraries in the central library.

So yes, for me libraries are still required, and I hope they will continue for many years.

I'm sorry, I haven't read through the thread. But I use the library and my kids love to borrow books. I was sitting in Shhh! the other day waiting for Crystal Peaks library to open and was amazed by the queue of people that formed.

It's not just a place to borrow book, my lot like to sit and read there, some people study there, I went in for some photocopying.

Yes, libraries are still needed! And while I do read downloaded books, for me you can't beat a proper book with pages that actually turn :)

I'm sorry, I haven't read through the thread. But I use the library and my kids love to borrow books. I was sitting in Shhh! the other day waiting for Crystal Peaks library to open and was amazed by the queue of people that formed.

It's not just a place to borrow book, my lot like to sit and read there, some people study there, I went in for some photocopying.

Yes, libraries are still needed! And while I do read downloaded books, for me you can't beat a proper book with pages that actually turn :)

Absolutely, you cannot beat a good old fashioned smelly book to while away the hours :rolleyes:

Archived