UK Growth at 6 year high as forcasters say UK is exceeding expectation

vinyl

But it's nothing compared to the £16.4bn dodged by private enterprise. Didn't some of you say dodging tax isn't against the law anyway?

The point I was making is that if out MP,s and political parties don't act morally when it comes to tax and expenses, then we can hardly expect business to act morally when it comes to tax. And if they can't act morally why should anyone act morally, the first examples of good practice should come from our leaders and hopefully those good examples will be followed by the population. As it stands, anyone fiddling at the bottom is doing nothing worse than the people at the top.

So you have nothing to say then?

Just so we know where you stand, would you prefer us to be going into the 2015 election with unemployment at 2 million and falling, with growth of 2.5% as predicted by BCC; or would you prefer it to be 3 million unemployed and rising with negative growth and a failing economy?

Last I checked, Labour Party Properties Limited (LPPL) is a private (for-profit) enterprise.

They're part of the (£16.4bn) problem.

Nope. 'Some of us' have (consistently) said that tax avoidance is legal, and that tax evasion is not.

'Dodging' is a meaningless term in context...though quite useful for your purpose, undoubtedly.

It's all the same to me whether it's evasion or dodge. doesn't to dodge mean to evade?

It's all the same to me whether it's evasion or dodge.
That's as may be.

But it is not "all the same to" HMRC, who help make -and enforce- the rules.

So...you're entitled to your opinion of course, and to voice it to your heart's content. Just don't be surprised when it's either ignored or rebutted as irrelevant.

doesn't to dodge mean to evade?
It also means to avoid.

Mecky, surely "dodge" is not another one of your typos?

That's as may be.

But it is not "all the same to" HMRC, who help make -and enforce- the rules.

So...you're entitled to your opinion of course, and to voice it to your heart's content. Just don't be surprised when it's either ignored or rebutted as irrelevant.

It also means to avoid.

Mecky, surely "dodge" is not another one of your typos?

So it means the same then

So it means the same then

You avoid tax by taking out a pension, investing in an ISA. You evade it by deception. Not much to do with the thread though. Is that your plan?

I'm looking forward to to the increasingly healthy economy. Record levels of employment, accelerating growth. What a contrast to 2007-2010. You don't seem too happy that Labour got us into a mess and the coalition have got us out of it.

You avoid tax by taking out a pension, investing in an ISA.

Or by paying excessive fees to subsidiary companies and channeling millions of pounds through a complicated web of companies.

All legal apparently but very iffy, Tony Blair and his £8million tax 'mystery'.

Or by paying excessive fees to subsidiary companies and channeling millions of pounds through a complicated web of companies.

All legal apparently but very iffy, Tony Blair and his £8million tax 'mystery'.

Now that's a different story.

Archived