Al-Sweady inquiry: Soldier 'shot Iraqi bodies'

This the story that A "very angry" sergeant fired bullets into the bodies of Iraqis who were still "twitching" after a gun battle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23960711

Well ofcourse they did. I wouldve done the same if these were the guys who had been trying to kill me & my friends moments earlier. I wouldnt have thought twice. Its a war.

At no point do they refer to them as 'THE ENEMY". These are soldiers not social workers.

Im fed up of the liberals in this country tying the hands of our military and giving 'THE ENEMY' the advantage. :rant:

If he fired into twitching bodies i think he was doing them a favour. Putting the scum out of its misery. Personally id have left them to twitch a while longer.

Its war for crying out loud. Not the bloody boy scouts. War is ugly and barbaric and cruel. The only way to prevent it from happening is to put an end to war.

This the story that A "very angry" sergeant fired bullets into the bodies of Iraqis who were still "twitching" after a gun battle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23960711

Well ofcourse they did. I wouldve done the same if these were the guys who had been trying to kill me & my friends moments earlier. I wouldnt have thought twice. Its a war.

At no point do they refer to them as 'THE ENEMY". These are soldiers not social workers.

Im fed up of the liberals in this country tying the hands of our military and giving 'THE ENEMY' the advantage. :rant:

Putting a seriously injured animal out of its misery seams an entirely reasonable thing to do.

Yep same here. I don't really care what happens to enemy combatants who are trying to kill British soldiers. I also do not care what happens to their bodies after they are dead.

...absolutely provided you don't derive pleasure from it.

What difference would it make if they did?

I get pleasure from my job, if i didnt get pleasure i wouldnt do it. A Doctor may get pleasure from healing the sick, a traffic warden from ruining your day, so why cant a soldier get a kick out of doing the job his country has trained him to do?

What difference would it make if they did?

I get pleasure from my job, if i didnt get pleasure i wouldnt do it. A Doctor may get pleasure from healing the sick, a traffic warden from ruining your day, so why cant a soldier get a kick out of doing the job his country has trained him to do?

Harold Shipman got pleasure out of doing certain aspects of his job, as did Beverley Allitt. I'm not saying soldiers shouldn't enjoy what they do, there are lots of things they do that they should derive pleasure from..but being over zealous on the killing fields perhaps isn't one of them.

We aren't talking about squaddies taking ears off the enemy dead a la universal soldier we are talking about the possibility of being a bit thorough. I've read what one of the relatives have said about the bodies and unless they saw it happen they can't possibly know how it happened. They died a violent death but we all knew that already.

Archived