171 - Hillsborough

34 - Castle

651 - Hallam - New Record attendance +1

Total 1124

169 - Rother Valley - New Record attendance +6

45 - Clifton Park

Total 263

Combined Total 1282

Hallam had the nations joint 3rd highest turnout of the day, only Southampton and Bushy with more. Rother Valley enticed a bumper crowd of ghouls, ghosts and skeletons judging by the photos here:-

Wow! 651. Great turnout but would not fancy that. Again shows the need for another run in that area or, even better, a junior parkrun for Sheffield. Are any of the organisations worth suggesting it to? Move More (or whatever they`re called) or a local school that has Sports College status.

I quit Hallam when Graves started. Then they were doing about 250 and I found it cramped. When I returned a few weeks ago it was 500+ and even more cramped out on the course. The finish tunnel and scanning was a thing of beauty, a very slick operation and coped with the numbers easily. I understand that there is a natural limit on their numbers cos the lead runners get round the 'little loop' before the tail is across the start line. About 90 seconds? perhaps a racing snake knows how long?

Sheff definately has the numbers for another parkrun. Millhouses Park, which has been talked about in the past, imo is too small even for a three lapper, running on public highways would not be sanctioned by parkrun HQ these days. I wonder if a woodlands parkrun could be squeezed in the upper Porter Valley?

Sheffield & Rotherham parkrun attendances for 07-11-15

52 - Concord

133 - Graves

175 - Hillsborough

31 - Castle

351 - Hallam

Total 742

121 - Rother Valley

34 - Clifton Park

Total 155

Combined Total 897

Winter is coming! Surprisingly mild but the 24 hours of rain leading up to parkrun day had its effect.

---------- Post added 16-11-2015 at 11:48 ----------

Sheffield & Rotherham parkrun attendances for 14-11-15

54 - Concord

192 - Graves

210 - Hillsborough

?? - Castle

542 - Hallam

provisional Total - 988

158 - Rother Valley

52 - Clifton Park

Total 210

provisional Combined Total - 1198

• 2 weeks later...

Sheffield & Rotherham parkrun attendances for 21-11-15

48 - Concord

Graves - Iced off.

211 - Hillsborough

39 - Castle

423 - Hallam

Total - 721

98 - Rother Valley

42 - Clifton Park

Total - 140

Combined Total - 861

I was in Oldham which was iced off too. I hope we are back on for Gainsborough next week. On a Sheffield scale of toughness, anyone know how tough it is?

---------- Post added 30-11-2015 at 21:27 ----------

Sheffield & Rotherham parkrun attendances for 28-11-15

40 - Concord

156 - Graves

166 - Hillsborough

58 - Castle

438 - Hallam

Total 858

182 - Rother Valley

47 - Clifton Park

Total 229

Combined Total 1087

A good turnout considering the scary weather. Graves, who have the highest altitude, went ahead after an early pitch inspection which reported 'icy patches, melting fast'

Gainsborough - a tough course with slippery grass for much of the course. 2 nasty little hills which have to be climbed a total of 6(six) times. The average time of 29+mins says it all.

Is Sherwood Pines worth a visit in the winter?

Edited by Flanker7

• 2 weeks later...

Sheffield & Rotherham parkrun attendances for 05-12-15 & Runs over the festive period.

37 - Concord

109 - Graves

83 - Hillsborough

36 - Castle

383 - Hallam

Total - 648

117 - Rother Valley

36 - Clifton Park

Total - 153

Combined Total - 801

Christmas Day

9:00am Concord

New Years Day

8:30am Dewsbury

9:00am Clumber Park

10:00am Graves

10:30am Rother Valley

There are some 'undecided' runs and I may have missed some possible connections for doubles. If anyone has any updated info or spotted other connections, Glossop/Hillsborough?, please cut and paste the above and insert your additional info. That way the most recent posting will be the most updated list, thanks.

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/christmas-compendium/

I'm not sure how complete this is and the Graves time is wrong - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=z7Nmx2WPB2qk.kjzIW9vZaNw4

Edited by Flanker7