I used to be proud of the BBC

That was until 10 years ago .. Tonight the Guardian says “ The former BBC director general Mark Thompson has accused the BBC Trust chairman Lord Patten of "fundamentally misleading" parliament over the extent of his knowledge of controversial six-figure payoffs to senior staff at the broadcaster.”

the broadcaster paid out a total of £2.9m in payments that went beyond contractual entitlement between 2006 and 2012.

I am speechless

I'm amused, for the time being. The news is going to be fun for a while.

The whole bloody lot of them are squealing louder than very loud thing about who knew what, about who's pay-off.

It is going to be a very interesting week. They have been summoned back to the PAC, all together, like naughty schoolboys. That won't be an easy ride. Margaret Hodge isn't to be taken lightly.

Hopefully, they will be forced to pay back all of our money that they have given away to their mates. Then, they can all do a couple of years in Armley for corruption and misuse of public funds.

Nasty, scummy parasites.

The BBC lies.

It has lied to the British public since day one about fantasy TV detection vans having the technology to detect television reception in properties.

Poor disguise.

Try a new persona.

---------- Post added 05-09-2013 at 23:31 ----------

The BBC is still the best broadcaster in the world and gives outstanding value for money.

True.

It also has a corrupt senior management team. That much is becoming abundantly clear.

Poor disguise.

Try a new persona.

Indeed. Blindingly obvious.

---------- Post added 05-09-2013 at 23:32 ----------

True.

It also has a corrupt senior management team. That much is becoming abundantly clear.

That looks like it may be the case, but I don't want people to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

The BBC lies.

It has lied to the British public since day one about fantasy TV detection vans having the technology to detect television reception in properties.

And yet 10% of all court cases in this country are due to non-payment of tv licence.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10256679/TV-licence-offences-account-for-one-in-ten-UK-court-cases.html

The 4,000 BBC workers avoiding tax … BBC stars Fiona Bruce and Jeremy Paxman have both set up private service companies in order to be paid

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2213287/How-workers-Britain-companies-cut-tax-rate-20.html

As far as I am aware, there is absolutely no relationship between “ the BBC is the best in the world”, and “ the broadcaster paid out beyond contractual entitlement”. the first is an opinion, and the second looks almost like a crime

Archived