Would you dance for a job at an interview?

How would you feel to be asked to dance for a job working at Curry's electrical store?

Now fair enough if you were going for a job as a GoGo dancer, lap dancer etc, understandable.

But is this a humiliation to far?

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/man-humiliated-by-dance-interview-1

Alan Sugar seems to think these things important.

Key Qualities of a Great Salesperson

Driven: Has a sense of urgency and a need to accomplish the task at hand

Confident: Believes in own abilities and can handle rejection

Outgoing: Projects a great first impression and is energized by social interactions

Assertive: Effectively controls interactions and doesn’t cave in easily

Funny: Engages customer emotions, is likeable and memorable

Structured: Leads the customer through the process, is organized and follows through

Relational: Cares about the person, not just the sale; effectively identifies customer needs

Focused: Doesn’t get sidetracked; knows the final destination

Alan Bacon doesn't sound right for a sales job.

Key Qualities of a Great Salesperson

Driven: Has a sense of urgency and a need to accomplish the task at hand

Confident: Believes in own abilities and can handle rejection

Outgoing: Projects a great first impression and is energized by social interactions

Assertive: Effectively controls interactions and doesn’t cave in easily

Funny: Engages customer emotions, is likeable and memorable

Structured: Leads the customer through the process, is organized and follows through

Relational: Cares about the person, not just the sale; effectively identifies customer needs

Focused: Doesn’t get sidetracked; knows the final destination

Alan Bacon doesn't sound right for a sales job.

But as a customer a HATE pushy salespeople in shops. I went in a Currys a few years ago and was about to purchase an item but the saleswoman tried pushing an extended warranty so hard even after I'd declined this twice that I changed my mind and bought the item elsewhere. I also decided never to buy anything in Currys again. The description above = pushy to me and I know I'm not the only person that can't stand pushy salespeople!

But as a customer a HATE pushy salespeople in shops. I went in a Currys a few years ago and was about to purchase an item but the saleswoman tried pushing an extended warranty so hard even after I'd declined this twice that I changed my mind and bought the item elsewhere. I also decided never to buy anything in Currys again. The description above = pushy to me and I know I'm not the only person that can't stand pushy salespeople!

A good sales person will gain more custom than they loose, so whilst I agree with you 100% about pushy sale people, many people will succumb to their sales pitch and buy.

Archived