Should teachers go on strike?

May I refer you to the NUT website?

PS the schools are not run as a free child-minding service.Why should tax-payers fund free care so you can go out to work?

No it's an education service so therefore educate, any grievance regarding pay or pensions or hours or whatever do so in your own time

There would be no point in the teachers striking during the holidays.

Unfortunately the only way to get people to take notice is for teachers to strike during their working hours. This causes disruption to parents but it's the only way to get their point across.

Would you go on strike outside your normal working hours, or during your holidays?

Who's interest does your agression towards teachers serve? If teachers' pay and conditions are weakened will it improve yours? We are expected (rightly) to constantly improve the standard of what we do, and yet we must also work for less. Are we paid too much? By what measure? Should the people who spend all day with your kids be cheap? That benefits you how? That benefits your kids how?

Your aggression towards teachers serves only the interests of those who would reduce all of our pay and conditions. That 'public sector workers don't know how good they've got it' mentality is pointless. Who is better off if we're all in the ****? You? Me?

---------- Post added 30-09-2013 at 20:05 ----------

A quick bit of myth busting. We are on performance related pay. It is possible to shift bad teachers, I just got one out, because I hate the entitlement culture too.

There would be no point in the teachers striking during the holidays.

Unfortunately the only way to get people to take notice is for teachers to strike during their working hours. This causes disruption to parents but it's the only way to get their point across.

Would you go on strike outside your normal working hours, or during your holidays?

It is tragic that this salient observation has to be emphasised-some people need to return to school and swot up on common sense-after the strike of course.

Archived