Grenoside School

Grenotop

Parents have just received a letter from Grenoside School stating that the school has gone from OUTSTANDING to SPECIAL MEASURES in three years. I for one feel that this school has been served a injustice by Ofsted and wondered how other parents feel about the matter.

Edited by Grenotop

I agree with you Stobartkid it is disgusting. How can a group of people come to such a laughable conclusion after spending 3 days in a school. I for one would love to know what they found so bad about a school that in my opinion bend over backwards to make pupils happy and want to learn. I have heard other people in the past say that Ofsted are poor in the way they carry out inspections and I now feel that this is the case.

I've just read the report and am quite baffled as to how they've drawn the conclusion that the school is inadequate, especially given the fact that it states several times that students are achieving higher than average standards.

My son is more than happy there, he was counting down the sleeps until school started again this week. His progress has been outstanding, especially last year where he absolutely smashed his phonics assessment.

I think i shall be filing this report firmly in the crock-of-crap section of my correspondence cupboard.

It seems that ofsted are doing this to lots of schools. Its all about tick boxes. Just as with Forge Valley-Stannington. That was just given special measures status to force it to become an academy. Its all political i am afraid.

Yes I feel that might be what they are doing to this school. I realise different people have opinions on academy's however we only need to look down the road to see what results it has had for Yewlands.

Any other group of employees who had failed an assessment (no matter what it's level of validity) would have the temerity to vote for industrial action, they would be hoping to keep their jobs. So, yes, the teachers vote for industrial action is relevant.

For what it's worth, I suspect that the assessment is flawed, and that the school is, in fact, perfectly adequate.

I've just read the report and am quite baffled as to how they've drawn the conclusion that the school is inadequate, especially given the fact that it states several times that students are achieving higher than average standards.

My son is more than happy there, he was counting down the sleeps until school started again this week. His progress has been outstanding, especially last year where he absolutely smashed his phonics assessment.

I think i shall be filing this report firmly in the crock-of-crap section of my correspondence cupboard.

I agree with you but like the previous post I feel an academy coming on.

---------- Post added 06-09-2013 at 16:56 ----------

Any other group of employees who had failed an assessment (no matter what it's level of validity) would have the temerity to vote for industrial action, they would be hoping to keep their jobs. So, yes, the teachers vote for industrial action is relevant.

For what it's worth, I suspect that the assessment is flawed, and that the school is, in fact, perfectly adequate.

I agree frededwards and I find this so frustrating.