Rain, roads, and a rant!

I think it's just responsible driving to turn your headlights on in heavy rain. Actually in a lot of other countries you by law have to turn your headlights on in rain. It just makes cars that bit more visible and easy to judge and helps to stops bumps and clangs on dodgy junctions.

Also what is your big issue with people driving with headlights on? I've never been dazzled by somebody using dipped headlights.

Rant perfectly understandable and no, in this weather in day time, lights are absolutely not necessary in urban areas (unless you have trouble seeing other road users without them, Maxtor, in which case maybe you should get your vision tested).

You seem to forget that other road users might want to see you. Especially those with a soft outer coating and two legs.

Use of headlights makes cars visible to others. And they make the roads safer for all.

okay, if you're going to use headlights in the rain, could you at least check your headlights are correctly aligned and the load adjuster is showing zero?

---------- Post added 06-09-2013 at 22:08 ----------

Highway Code

113-116: Lighting requirements

Law RVLR reg 30

226-237: Driving in adverse weather conditions

You should also:

use dipped headlights in dull daytime weather, to ensure that you can be seen

it wasn't dull.

okay, if you're going to use headlights in the rain, could you at least check your headlights are correctly aligned and the load adjuster is showing zero?

---------- Post added 06-09-2013 at 22:08 ----------

it wasn't dull.

It was this morning.

It was this morning.

at 8am, the streetlights were off, and there was enough daylight through the raincoulds to render headlights unnecessary.

if that was too dark for you, you have three options.

1- take off the window tint

2- take off your sunglasses

3- take yourself to specsavers

myself, if i can't see the dashboard clocks set quite deep in their cowl, it's time to turn the lights on. this morning they were perfectly visible.

Archived