Rain, roads, and a rant!

at 8am, the streetlights were off, and there was enough daylight through the raincoulds to render headlights unnecessary.

if that was too dark for you, you have three options.

1- take off the window tint

2- take off your sunglasses

3- take yourself to specsavers

myself, if i can't see the dashboard clocks set quite deep in their cowl, it's time to turn the lights on. this morning they were perfectly visible.

What about the other road users? Your lights would help them a lot.

at 8am, the streetlights were off, and there was enough daylight through the raincoulds to render headlights unnecessary.

if that was too dark for you, you have three options.

1- take off the window tint

2- take off your sunglasses

3- take yourself to specsavers

myself, if i can't see the dashboard clocks set quite deep in their cowl, it's time to turn the lights on. this morning they were perfectly visible.

I've got 20/20 vision and struggled to see my clocks. Also the vast majority of people had their lights on.

May i ask again what why you are so annoyed at people using there light's on? Correctly adjusted dipped headlights should dazzle no one. Why is it such an issue for you?

I've got 20/20 vision and struggled to see my clocks. Also the vast majority of people had their lights on.

May i ask again what why you are so annoyed at people using there light's on? Correctly adjusted dipped headlights should dazzle no one. Why is it such an issue for you?

that's the thing. the roads are full of commuters and car owners.

---------- Post added 06-09-2013 at 23:13 ----------

What about the other road users? Your lights would help them a lot.

it would, if it was dark. but it wasn't, so it won't.

also, tyre noise increases on a wet road. stop. look. listen. or does no-one teach that anymore?

also, tyre noise increases on a wet road. stop. look. listen. or does no-one teach that anymore?

I'm not sure that you are fit to be on the road.

You are sharing it with a variety of vulnerable people with a wide variety of needs. Some young, some old, some deaf, some partially sighted. Yet you can't seem to understand that dipped headlights help all of these to stay safe.

If you don't understand the needs of other road users, you have no right to be in charge of a ton of dangerous metal, in my opinion.

that's the thing. the roads are full of commuters and car owners.

---------- Post added 06-09-2013 at 23:13 ----------

Well yes. Roads do tend to be full of people who own cars and people who commute to work. :loopy:

I'm not sure that you are fit to be on the road.

You are sharing it with a variety of vulnerable people with a wide variety of needs. Some young, some old, some deaf, some partially sighted. Yet you can't seem to understand that dipped headlights help all of these to stay safe.

If you don't understand the needs of other road users, you have no right to be in charge of a ton of dangerous metal, in my opinion.

it's actually close to 1.8 tonnes. guess how many 'vulnerable people' i've had to jetwash out of the radiator grille?

and if i'm dazzled by the reflected glare of dipped headlights, how is that helping anyone to stay safe?

it's actually close to 1.8 tonnes. guess how many 'vulnerable people' i've had to jetwash out of the radiator grille?

and if i'm dazzled by the reflected glare of dipped headlights, how is that helping anyone to stay safe?

You have ton and tonne mixed up there.

If you can't see, you should pull over. That will keep us all safe. You should also put your dipped headlights on, so that the rest of us can see you.

You seem to have an unusual problem. I've been driving for thirty years and never really been affected by glare from dipped headlights.

Just out of interest where do you drive? As I have never been dazzled by dipped headlights.

If you can't see, you should pull over. That will keep us all safe. You should also put your dipped headlights on, so that the rest of us can see you.

You seem to have an unusual problem. I've been driving for thirty years and never really been affected by glare from dipped headlights.

how many times do i need to state that it was perfectly light enough to see and be seen?

how many times do i need to state that it was perfectly light enough to see and be seen?

Today?

Today has been a day for dipped lights all day. Quite clearly.

Mine are on a light sensor. They were on at seven when I set off for work. They were on at four, when I left. The light level didn't change much all day.

I suggest that you review your driving practice.

Archived