Rain, roads, and a rant!

What about when it's night, or night and raining, do you still get dazzled (I would expect so if you do in the daylight). I would get yourself checkout you could be dangerous to other road users.

If I'm not wearing my glasses my eyesight is awful when its raining at night. I think its something to do with my astigmatism. I see halos around car and street lights, worse when its raining, it all becomes a blur of lights.

I haven't driven for a year ( not because of my eyes), but I would never drive without my glasses, and I would probably choose not to drive at night on the motorway regardless.

Maybe the OP needs to get their eyes tested?

If I'm not wearing my glasses my eyesight is awful when its raining at night. I think its something to do with my astigmatism. I see halos around car and street lights, worse when its raining, it all becomes a blur of lights.

I haven't driven for a year ( not because of my eyes), but I would never drive without my glasses, and I would probably choose not to drive at night on the motorway regardless.

Maybe you need your eyes tested?

Your reply is agreeing with me, if you get dazzled in the day you get dazzled at night, and you can't propose people drive without their lights at night so the answer is his eyes.

Whats the logic behind me getting my eyes tested, because I don't get dazzled? (I do get them tested every few year btw)

Your reply is agreeing with me, if you get dazzled in the day you get dazzled at night, and you can't propose people drive without their lights at night so the answer is his eyes.

Whats the logic behind me getting my eyes tested, because I don't get dazzled? (I do get them tested every few year btw)

Sorry, I meant the OP not you. I will edit

:)

how many times do i need to state that it was perfectly light enough to see and be seen?

You seem to be in disagreement with the majority of people though. Did you ever consider that you might actually be wrong?

Lots of other people thought it required dipped headlights, and nobody else suffers from glare... Yet you're convinced it's everyone else who's wrong :roll:

i will concede that when driving in daylight rain dipped headlights are recommended.

So what's your argument then? :confused:

The only glare I ever get in rain is from the sun if it's fairly low in the sky

okay, so the monsoon season has started.

rain, it's made of water. it's transparent. and reflective.

SO TURN YOUR HEADLIGHTS OFF! (yes, i'm shouting! i shout this at other drivers, so i'm shouting the same here)

sidelights are okay, if you really think your car becomes invisible in the wet, but put your headlights on and everyone else gets a double dose of glare, and reflected glare from a wet road surface is more of a problem than from the headlights themselves.

on a motorway, at motorway speed, spray reduces visibility - lights are necessary. around town, you're not going to throw up much spray at 30mph.

also, on a motorway there's virtually no chance of a pedestrian crossing the road behind your car. on urban streets, that pedestrian is almost impossible to see behind the blinding dazzle of your lights.

you think you're improving road safety by lighting up, but it's having the opposite effect.

rant over. discuss.

If you get dazzled by headlights during the day it may be worth checking to see if you have any eye problems that might cause mydriasis.

Howver you can avoid dazzle altogether at night with correct driving technique so it ought to be possible in the day time too.

Archived