920,000 pensioners still in work-good, or morally wrong?

Janus

I'm a picture of health, I'm in it for the long haul.

Why does it make me sad that I'll NEVER retire? What will you be doing that I can't do whilst I continue in my life's work? Play golf and go on holiday? Those who inherit my estate won't think I'm sad that I never retired I can tell you that much.

Richest man in the graveyard...............:hihi:

Richest man in the graveyard...............:hihi:

Phrases like this send out such a terribly negative message. Just like when people say, "you can't take it with you" and other crap like that.

Of course you can't take it with you, you're not supposed to, you're supposed to pass it over to your surviving family members so they can continue to flourish and for all the generations thereafter. To keep your bloodline ahead of the rest forever. That's the point. Quitting earning income at 65 is not going to help anyone if you live to your 80's or 90's is it now. Just saying.

Phrases like this send out such a terribly negative message. Just like when people say, "you can't take it with you" and other crap like that.

Of course you can't take it with you, you're not supposed to, you're supposed to pass it over to your surviving family members so they can continue to flourish and for all the generations thereafter. To keep your bloodline ahead of the rest forever. That's the point. Quitting earning income at 65 is not going to help anyone if you live to your 80's or 90's is it now. Just saying.

I don't think some people can comprehend the idea that work can be enjoyable once you are financially secure and no longer need to work.

In all honestly i'd rather OAP's have something to get up for in the morning rather than just sitting in homes all day having nothing to do.

Also while they're at a workplace. They're not doing stupid things on the road eg. stopping to let people down in the middle of the road, cutting you up, doing 20 mph in 50 zones on a perfectly clear road and generally being poor drivers. Also they're not walking round meadowhall stopping and having a chats in busy doorways. Pushing in at ques and just generally dawdling in their own little world unaware of any one else around them.

It pleases me greatly that I get under your "skinz" so much on every thread I "contribute" my wisdom. At least your obsession with me will ensure you learn something. :)

Please don't misunderstand yourself. You make zero contribution to the threads. You foul them up whether the thread has serious content or not, it's of no matter to you. You're a psychotic narcissist and your rationale is flawed, simply through empty sentiment.

Please don't misunderstand yourself. You make zero contribution to the threads. You foul them up whether the thread has serious content or not, it's of no matter to you. You're a psychotic narcissist and your rationale is flawed, simply through empty sentiment.

Please don't feel a need to pull the punches :hihi:

Most people would report such a rude outburst. I however am happy on this occasion to put it down to your "time of the month". I'm pretty forgiving like that. Now, skinz, back to the thread topic please.

Skinz, step away from the internet. :hihi:

In all honestly i'd rather OAP's have something to get up for in the morning rather than just sitting in homes all day having nothing to do.

Also while they're at a workplace. They're not doing stupid things on the road eg. stopping to let people down in the middle of the road, cutting you up, doing 20 mph in 50 zones on a perfectly clear road and generally being poor drivers. Also they're not walking round meadowhall stopping and having a chats in busy doorways. Pushing in at ques and just generally dawdling in their own little world unaware of any one else around them.

Well there going to fit right into a work environment aren't they, given that they're dawdlers, poor road users and pushing people in queues in their own happy little world.

Archived