1 million people in work to be classed as "not working enough" by DWP

The DWP estimate that 1,000,000 people who are in work and earn between £350 per month and £1050 per month are going to be forced to attend Jobcentre interviews where they may be required to attend training, find additional hours of work or better paid jobs or face the punishment of losing their benefits via sanctioning under Universal Credit.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/sep/06/uk-lowest-paid-classed-not-working-enough

In work and claiming benefits? Congratulations, you are now a workshy scrounger!

lol

i get £950 a month, and a very slight working tax credit, id love to get paid enough to get off the tax credit :o

Why should you be claiming benefit, when homeless, non working people might only get £243.75 a month, and potentially much much less, perhaps even 0 if sanctioned...

I just wish they were as quick to punish employers who don't even have the decency to pay the minimum wage, let alone a decent one.

Couldn't agree more.

What's the matter with this government? They encourage 0 hour jobs, short term contract work, part time hours, -then punish people for being in the unfortunate position of having to take them.

Its a pity he didn't know this before his government allowed millions of immigrants into the country.

And you think this government is not letting in even more immigrants?

Anyway, back to the point. Why mention the DWP when they are getting their steer from someone else? There seems to be a lot of these, "We're going to do this, so we'll get these to do it and take the wrap for it," scenarios going off at the moment.

And you think this government is not letting in even more immigrants?

Anyway, back to the point. Why mention the DWP when they are getting their steer from someone else? There seems to be a lot of these, "We're going to do this, so we'll get these to do it and take the wrap for it," scenarios going off at the moment.

I'm not quite sure I understand. I mentioned the DWP because the article does and they're the department responsible for everything to do with this policy.

As for who takes the wrap I'd say that's the Minister of that department, Iain Duncan Smith, and the rest of the MPs who voted these kind of policies through.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister M

I just wish they were as quick to punish employers who don't even have the decency to pay the minimum wage, let alone a decent one.

If it was up to Cameron and his party there would be no NMW.

Although back to reality, this government are considering how to increase peoples wages so they don't need government help. That includes lifting the income tax threshold and considering an increase in NMW for large employers.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android