Corsa 1 litre 12v 1999

hi my corsa 1 litre 12v 1999 has is tapping its done 63,000 it does it once the car is warmed up been run for a bit it starts tapping when i bought it was pretty starved of oil i gave it a oil change but still does it wondering ifits tappets are timing chain as prone for this type of engine

hi my corsa 1 litre 12v 1999 has is tapping its done 63,000 it does it once the car is warmed up been run for a bit it starts tapping when i bought it was pretty starved of oil i gave it a oil change but still does it wondering ifits tappets are timing chain as prone for this type of engine

Does it only do it in Sheffield?

i had a corsa b 1.2 16v same engine as yours just 1 more cylinder it tapped really bad for about 5000 miles till i got rid of it lol 1.0 12v and 1.2 16v are not really reliable engines everybody i know thats had 1 has got rid because they have had nothing but trouble with them

i had a corsa b 1.2 16v same engine as yours just 1 more cylinder it tapped really bad for about 5000 miles till i got rid of it lol 1.0 12v and 1.2 16v are not really reliable engines everybody i know thats had 1 has got rid because they have had nothing but trouble with them

its not that they are not reliable engines its if they have not been serviced correctly/regulary , the oil jet blocks up which sprays onto the chain , its all about looking after them properly

its not that they are not reliable engines its if they have not been serviced correctly/regulary , the oil jet blocks up which sprays onto the chain , its all about looking after them properly

Which is a design fault making the engine unreliable.

Archived