Closure of Anglers Rest Bamford. Please protest and help.

But, the "third party" who had the sale agreed had also sought permission to develop the site as well as keeping the pub a pub had he not. Why did he "agree" to simply walk away after the sale had been agreed?

I don't know you seem to be the one who claims to know everything. I doknow the PPPB and getting any development in the park is almost impossible. But quite likely he was a local himself and had bought the place to stop it closing. Who knows and who cares. The pub is saved. It sounds like a good result to me.

I'll be applying for shares.

I don't know you seem to be the one who claims to know everything. I doknow the PPPB and getting any development in the park is almost impossible. But quite likely he was a local himself and had bought the place to stop it closing. Who knows and who cares. The pub is saved. It sounds like a good result to me.

Well, in the spirit of the Angler's Rest, something very "fishy" has gone on here and as a capitalist, I don't like it. I want answers. I want the TRUTH! Developers don't just walk happily away from agreed sales where they stand to make a tasty profit.

Well, in the spirit of the Angler's Rest, something very "fishy" has gone on here and as a capitalist, I don't like it. I want answers. I want the TRUTH! Developers don't just walk happily away from agreed sales where they stand to make a tasty profit.

Go and jump up and down outside with a placard. You clearly have time on your hands and it clearly has rattled your cage that a community care about their pub. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Go and jump up and down outside with a placard. You clearly have time on your hands and it clearly has rattled your cage that a community care about their pub. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I do have some time on my hands today. I'm thinking of putting in an offer.

http://uk.businessesforsale.com/uk/Anglers-Rest-Pub-In-Bamford-For-Sale.aspx

Maybe it won't be the community pub after all, maybe it will be my pub.

Regarding shares. Does it not occur to you that ICI is owned by several hundred thousand shareholders. They merely own shares and don't involve themselves in the day to day running of ICI.

That's not how shares work. Shareholders have a vote, one per share.

ICI don't exist anymore. They don't exist because another company, some Dutch conglomerate, bought enough shares to take over the company.

That's not how shares work. Shareholders have a vote, one per share.

ICI don't exist anymore. They don't exist because another company, some Dutch conglomerate, bought enough shares to take over the company.

That is precisely how shares work or do you believe that owning one share in ICI or whoever has taken them over requires you to sit in the board room and rubber stamp every decision that is made.

The share holders may well have a meeting from time to time but the intention is to allow those running the pub to get on with it.

Am I correct in understanding that there is next to no possibility of making any profit on this investment? It's really just something the locals would be interested in?

I think that very much depends on circumstances. The pub could generate a profit like those in Hope or Castleton. The value of the building will undoubtably rise, so shares could later be sold at a profit.

However the main purpose is to protect a village asset for future generations. Those living in Bamford will undoubtably benefit from increased property prices if the village can maintain a pub and post office. I think most people who buy into the project will be local.

Wish I had thought of that when the Pheasant closed,should have had a whip round to buy the place,nowhere to go for a pint now in my area.you're lucky they are not changing it into a mosque like they are the Pheasant....

That is precisely how shares work or do you believe that owning one share in ICI or whoever has taken them over requires you to sit in the board room and rubber stamp every decision that is made.

The share holders may well have a meeting from time to time but the intention is to allow those running the pub to get on with it.

But we are talking about a local pub not owning a few shares in a large multi national. I suspect people owning a few shares in their local boozer will end up wanting to stick their noses in on the day to day running of the place.

Archived