Closure of Anglers Rest Bamford. Please protest and help.

That's not how shares work. Shareholders have a vote, one per share.

ICI don't exist anymore. They don't exist because another company, some Dutch conglomerate, bought enough shares to take over the company.

You're right, Akzo Nobel took them over in 2008 if I remember rightly. A sad end to a once great British company (albeit founded by a German).

Have you heard the big news? If my offer gets accepted I'm turning this place into an 80's wine bar for yuppies. Only beautiful people will be allowed in, which will unfortunately seclude most of the locals. They are not ugly by nature. It is their pitch forks which have made them ugly. Shame. Real shame. But good news about the wine bar.

Have you heard the big news? If my offer gets accepted I'm turning this place into an 80's wine bar for yuppies. Only beautiful people will be allowed in, which will unfortunately seclude most of the locals. They are not ugly by nature. It is their pitch forks which have made them ugly. Shame. Real shame. But good news about the wine bar.

You perhaps need to brush up on your English language if you are trying to make a joke. A few years at a school in the Hope Valley would probably have allowed you to converse in the language.

I put a lot of the closure of pubs, especially in the peak district down to charging in excess of £3.30 for a pint of beer and £6.25 for a 250ml glass of Merlot. The entrance's are generally thronged with roll up smokers making it difficult to enter the premises whilst the pub garden has taken on a new look with water filled ashtrays brimming with cigarette ends whilst people stand smoking at the side of diners.

The pub company's such as Admiral Taverns, Punch, Enterprise etc are also to blame for the extortionate rents and conditions they impose on their tenants. People are voting with their feet and staying away from pubs and drinking at home with friends.

Are you looking to take the Pheasant at lane top over....

You perhaps need to brush up on your English language if you are trying to make a joke. A few years at a school in the Hope Valley would probably have allowed you to converse in the language.

What's wrong with my English, spot on I reckon. Is this your way of trying to blag a hot ticket for opening night? I'm expecting a big turn out and you will need to be on the list. NO exceptions.

---------- Post added 11-09-2013 at 09:58 ----------

Are you looking to take the Pheasant at lane top over....

I'm not sure an 80's yuppie wine bar would do too well up there.

Archived