Closure of Anglers Rest Bamford. Please protest and help.

You often find in small villages & towns, that the local pubs etc. close due to lack of use. These communities oppose new housing constantly.

Without new blood, these communities deserve to die, their businesses/local pubs cannot thrive, and often it is the fault of the communities themselves.

You often find in small villages & towns, that the local pubs etc. close due to lack of use. These communities oppose new housing constantly.

Without new blood, these communities deserve to die, their businesses/local pubs cannot thrive, and often it is the fault of the communities themselves.

Apparently there's a whole community of Slovaks in Sheffield who'd make full use of such a hostelry.

That's very interesting but as the majority of folk who live in the Hope Valley weren't born there not really relevant. The valley is well populated by the wealthy from surrounding cities like Sheffield and Manchester who may well interbreed with a gene pool far larger than that found in S5.

---------- Post added 11-09-2013 at 23:05 ----------

Apparently there's a whole community of Slovaks in Sheffield who'd make full use of such a hostelry.

They will be wanting staff so they will be most welcome. The Derwent is now a boutique hotel and probably needs a shoe shine boy. So should you be looking for work I'm happy to put a word in for you.

There are also rather a lot of top executives from Sheffield Council around too. It seems that they prefer to live outside of Sheffield as their policies have made it into a place in which they clearly chose not to live.

So the area is populated by the incompetent. No doubt they'll run that pub into the ground with their policies on on-street parking and high heels.

---------- Post added 11-09-2013 at 23:11 ----------

Sky Sports out and replaced with http://www.slovaksport.tv/.

They will be wanting staff so they will be most welcome. The Derwent is now a boutique hotel and probably needs a shoe shine boy. So should you be looking for work I'm happy to put a word in for you.

Sadly my days of shoe shining are long over, even then I was never particularly adept with the green wellie brigade :(

So the area is populated by the incompetent. No doubt they'll run that pub into the ground with their policies on on-street parking and high heels.

Its odd though that all these high flying no-hopers seem to be able to afford £700,000 houses Aston Martins, a Range Rover for the missus and a horse each for the kids. Perhaps they measure success somewhat differently than they do at Lane Top. I note that the Pheasant there has closed and is to become a mosque.

Incidentally my dentist lives at Bamford. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find yours does too. So perhaps you should ask before you discover you have an incompetent drilling your teeth.

Archived