'Dunkirk' movie (1958)

lynblu

Have just been watching Dunkirk, seen it umpteen times but never tire of it ..... My Dad was in the Yorks & Lancs regiment & they were used as extras in it. Just wondered how many other SF members watch it to see their loved ones (my Dad passed away in 1995) Doesn't matter how many times I watch it, I still have the tissues at the ready :cry:

We lived at Attercliffe at the time & know there must have been other local blokes in it?

I've just finished watching it myself, not because I had any relatives involved but because it's a good movie. It's as good a war film as you're going to get given the date. I must have seen it a dozen times but it's always been in bits. Today I got to see the whole lot up to John Mills' lads getting back on the beach after getting on a ship receiving a direct hit from a bomb. I've seen the last half hour or so a few times so there's no problem. Poor old Bernard Lee though, he didn't deserve what he got.

Archived