US police kill 107-year-old

There's no proper care for the elderly in the US unless you have loads of money, or people who care about you with the same (and at 107 you would have got through a LOT of care fees). I bet he was suffering with untreated dementia.

It makes it an unusual story.

I know you keep trying but they just dont seem to get it :hihi:

---------- Post added 09-09-2013 at 18:46 ----------

The police probably saved the lives of the people he was threatening. What's age got to do with it?

He was threatening the police who were on the go, maybe they should have just left him for a while and he might have gone to sleep.

I know you keep trying but they just dont seem to get it :hihi:

---------- Post added 09-09-2013 at 18:46 ----------

He was threatening the police who were on the go, maybe they should have just left him for a while and he might have gone to sleep.

I dont know if the words " maybe/might have" is a very safe assumption for a police agent in this country.

There must be long lists of dead police who took the option of "maybe/might have" and paid for it.

Anywhere you drive in this country when pulled over by the police you let down the window and keep hands firmly on the steering wheel where they can be seen. If you need to get drivers licence, registration and proof of insurance from the glove box you let him or her know first before making the move

---------- Post added 09-09-2013 at 18:34 ----------

It makes it an unusual story.

Probably because it's assumed that a 107 year old isnt capable of even knowing which end of a gun is the business end but it could be a fatal mistake for anyone to make that assumption

Why shouldn't a 107 year old have a gun? People at that age are even more at risk of being the victims of crime, they aren't physically able to fight back. A gun evens the odds.

Owning a gun doesn't in anyway even the odds.

What owning a gun does, as the statistics prove, is to increase the chances of you being killed in a home invasion scenario. Particularly with your own gun.

Archived