Outrage as toy company produces "Breaking Bad" interlocking brick kit

I read the Telegraph actually, and are you saying you would purchase one of these for your child?

---------- Post added 09-09-2013 at 17:58 ----------

Oh.. Sorry HH. I didn't see it - was it removed or something?

No I wouldn't, would you? Or anyone you know? well then.

Try thinking, or stop reading pointless non news in the mail, or both.

Ok, so, I don't read the DM, but someone posted a link to this on my Facebook, and I was so outraged, I just had to share it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2415463/Outrage-toy-company-creates-crystal-meth-lab-children-Breaking-Bad-play-sets.html

Does anyone else agree that this is absolutely wrong?!? :rant:

What happened to educating children NOT to take drugs????

Are you serious? You're really outraged that someone had the idea to make and sell a Lego-like model based upon Breaking Bad, one of the greatest TV shows of all time?

Just like the programme, the model is made for adults. What's the problem really?

I've found a chainsaw online for £150, what's your point?

:hihi: fair point.

---------- Post added 09-09-2013 at 18:06 ----------

Are you serious? You're rerally outraged that someone had the idea to make and sell a Lego-like model based upon Breaking Bad, one of the greatest TV shows of all time?

Just like the programme, the model is made for adults. What's the problem really?

If it actually a collectors model, intended for adults, then that's fine. As soon as they place an age restriction on it, I shall stop being so outraged...

Having read all the points raised, I am willing to admit I probably over-reacted (I have a son who goes mad for lego based toys, and it struck me as being very similar), and that it is likely aimed at adults, however, "toys" aimed at encouraging drug production should be more carefully packaged, and possibly have an age restriction.

I personally dislike anything promoting drugs/drug production. That's only my opinion however, and I'm fine with other people having the opinion that they're harmless.

Having read all the points raised, I am willing to admit I probably over-reacted (I have a son who goes mad for lego based toys, and it struck me as being very similar), and that it is likely aimed at adults, however, "toys" aimed at encouraging drug production should be more carefully packaged, and possibly have an age restriction.

I personally dislike anything promoting drugs/drug production. That's only my opinion however, and I'm fine with other people having the opinion that they're harmless.

Fair enough, but I think it's promoting the (excellent) show rather than the subject matter.

Archived