What to do if you come across a recent motorway crash??

That would depend on visibility but daylight and in reasonable weather it should be easy for anyone that is paying attention to the traffic conditions ahead.

Why not try it without there being an accident 100metres in front of you? If it's safe for one situation it should be safe for both...

---------- Post added 09-09-2013 at 14:05 ----------

How many blind bends do you come across on motorways?

There are lots where you can't see for a mile....

Oh, I get it now! You're chuckling behind your computer screen at we the outraged who are taking your posts seriously, well done you had me suckered!

My posts are serous, and I have no idea why you are finding them difficult to understand.

My guess is the majority of you are the rubber neckers and not people that are willing to help someone in need.

My posts are serous, and I have no idea why you are finding them difficult to understand.

My guess is the majority of you are the rubber neckers and not people that are willing to help someone in need.

No, I'm a believer in not making a bad situation worse...

Why not try it without there being an accident 100metres in front of you? If it's safe for one situation it should be safe for both...

Because that would be stupid and illegal whereas rending assistance in the manner that I have described is correct practice.

Why would I do that? what would be the point? I've stopped to render assistance to a possible casualty, not sit and watch.

Are you trained to render assistance? Or would you be like the hysterical woman who stood over me screaming "Don't touch him, don't touch him" while I was trying to check that a cyclist lying in the road was still breathing?

She was so hysterical that even when she phoned 999 I had to take the phone off her because she couldn't/wouldn't answer the operator's questions, she was just shouting "I think he's dead, get here quickly" (he wasn't dead, but if he was it wouldn't need a quick response would it). She was no help what so ever and would have done me and the poor sod who was lying in the road a huge favour if she's just cleared off.

Archived