Only in America

Could it be that they have just become so common place that its not worth mentioning? Like burglaries?

Any shooting gets at least some mention in the news from what I know. In a nation with 300 million population a day/week/month without at least one or two shootings would be the biggest miracle since the loaves and the fishes.

---------- Post added 12-09-2013 at 17:08 ----------

I'm going to ask you just one more time. When are you ever going to contribute any valuable input to a thread anywhere that isn't solely an insult? I don't know why I'm even bothering to respond. You are nothing, you do nothing and if you run away again to the mods it won't change a thing. Nobody likes you.

He's the kid on the street who sticks his tongue out at you then runs indoors to hsi mommy

He shouldnt be getting away with the insults and names he calls people on this forum

I'm real sorry to hear about your father and too many young men die like he did.

The problem is that Chicago and Detroit's problems with guns is not the problem of Montana, Idaho, N and S. Dakota, and many other places for example where guns are not used to kill others but used for sport and hunting and for home defence if necesssary

I dont know what the solution is. Maybe a Wyatt Earp Dodge City law that outlaws all guns in certain inner city areas where drug dealing and gang wars predominate, special check points in and out of these areas where all vehicles are subject to stop and search.

But then again would that work? Probably not as it would be challenged by a thousand lawyers as a violation of the first amendment and would also be very hard to implement

Go in peace

Amendments can be amended, times change and we should amend them when they're clearly not working.

Less guns equals less violence, so the simple solution is to have tighter gun controls.

Propaganda by the NRA and the Republicans have resigned most US citizens that no change could ever happen.

---------- Post added 13-09-2013 at 01:44 ----------

If you don't mind, can I inquire about the circumstances of your father's death? You don't need to answer if you don't want.

No problem, i do not know for sure as it is a little hazy and my mother was always vague about certain questions, probably for my own protection.

But he was shot dead because he witnessed a late night grocery store robbery and shooting just before the the alleged perpetrators were due to be trialled, 6 months later we emigrated to my grandparents in UK.

---------- Post added 13-09-2013 at 02:08 ----------

There never will be gun control and even if it was attempted it would never work. We have to live with the way things are just as we live with foolish people who drink too much and then kill someone while driving a car. Should we ban cars or alcohol because of this?

There are far and away more deaths caused in road accidents every year than by guns

---------- Post added 11-09-2013 at 23:25 ----------

Between July 15 and July 30 I was in Portland, Oregon, Boise, Idaho, Butte Montana, Billings, Montana, Idaho Falls, Idaho, Salt Lake City, Utah and Las Vegas, Nevada.

Not a word about any shootings on the local news channels.

They musta known you was coming :D

Of course there will always be irresponsible people and car accidents, this does not mean we should ever just chuck the towel-in and accept the status quo.

No problem, i do not know for sure as it is a little hazy and my mother was always vague about certain questions, probably for my own protection.

But he was shot dead because he witnessed a late night grocery store robbery and shooting just before the the alleged perpetrators were due to be trialled, 6 months later we emigrated to my grandparents in UK.

Dear God, that is horrible. I'm so sorry.

I read on another thread about your struggle to obtain your birth certificate. I would urge you not to give up. If you were truly born in Detroit, than you are an American citizen.

I don't want to sidetrack this too much, but take your mother's death certificate and go from there. If she was also born in Detroit, then there must be some record of that. Do you know her maiden name? With that name, you may be able to track down her relatives or old friends who may know something. I wish you luck.

Amendments can be amended, times change and we should amend them when they're clearly not working.

Less guns equals less violence, so the simple solution is to have tighter gun controls. Propaganda by the NRA and the Republicans have resigned most US citizens that no change could ever happen.

---------- Post added 13-09-2013 at 02:08 ----------

Of course there will always be irresponsible people and car accidents, this does not mean we should ever just chuck the towel-in and accept the status quo.

You have far more faith in human nature than I do my friend. Less guns cannot be equated with less violence because violence is a human trait and people were using violence against each other long before guns ever showed up.

There hasn't been a murder in my town since 2006 but a month ago two homeless men sleeping in a shed in a car wash were stabbed to death. When it comes to murder and weapons where there's a will there's a way

You have far more faith in human nature than I do my friend. Less guns cannot be equated with less violence because violence is a human trait and people were using violence against each other long before guns ever showed up.

There hasn't been a murder in my town since 2006 but a month ago two homeless men sleeping in a shed in a car wash were stabbed to death. When it comes to murder and weapons where there's a will there's a way

Less guns can be equated with less death

Could be a terrorist attack?

im not sure, details are still sketchy but they did say theres more than 1 shooter (the woman in the vid mentions a white male, and a black male) maybe they are both / all disgruntled employees?

maybe it is terrorist based?

dunno

Archived