Boycotting Businesses; do you?

Marx

Would you knowingly spend your money in a supermarket chain where the CEO is paid over a thousand times more than the lowest paid workers?

Or on a drink made by a multi-national company linked to child labour issues and the killing of trade unionists in South America?

Or in a fast food chain accused of dropping live birds in to boiling water after breaking their wings?

Who is on your list?

Link to Ethical Consumer.

I boycotted Barclays and Cape produce during the apartheid years. Masses of people did this and helped to change a criminally unjust system.

Businesses are aware of the power of these campaigns now; even McDonalds were pressurised into changing some of their products (for the better) after even quite small campaigns, eg by that British couple.

Would you knowingly spend your money in a supermarket chain where the CEO is paid over a thousand times more than the lowest paid workers? Yep, without a second thought

Or on a drink made by a multi-national company linked to child labour issues and the killing of trade unionists in South America? No, because of the child labour issues. Trade Unionist issue....mehhh

Or in a fast food chain accused of dropping live birds in to boiling water after breaking their wings? Probably.

Who is on your list? Don't have one.

Link to Ethical Consumer.

Not really thought much about the whole issue.

Yes, and I'm not about to take lectures on where and when I shop.

You don't surprise me. Is someone lecturing you?

What fast food chain did that?

KFC. They cut off their beaks as well so they can't peck other birds they are crammed in with. There's plenty of videos on Youtube.

Its a great idea boycotting a business because the CEO gets paid more than the loo cleaner. If enough folks do that they will all be on the same wage which is zero. I'm sure the CEO will manage better than the loo cleaner afterwards.

Over a thousand times more while staff depend on claiming benefits to make ends meet?

Archived