Boycotting Businesses; do you?

Marx

Starbucks, not that it's a big sacrifice. BP don't get my money either. "The house" gets an asda delivery which annoys me a bit and we still have the mobiles with Vodafone which irks me a lot but as its a company thing two of us need to change sadly. Something a plan on changing. Also have a kindle fire that was bought for me but let's face it if it wasn't a kindle it would have been a nexus (google don't pay tax) or apple (doubt they pay tax either) so an ethical argument for any of those three is largely pointless.

I try to by line caught tuna, free range eggs and avoided halal meat until I read more into it. I'd buy free range/organic everything but its a dear do some of it.

What are your impressions about how chickens are farmed then? Let's have some links to your facts as well. Also why do you feel the need to insert those silly little icons? Do you think they add some kudos to your comments?

my impression? all chickens in the uk are farmed pretty much in the same way, relatively intensively to meet demand, all farms in the uk meet or exceed standards set by the relevant regulations, if they are not they are shut down.

the food wholesale industry is not airy fairy land and the chickens are a commodity demanded by us the public at a price we will pay, nothing more nothing less.

no links to anything i dont need to :roll: that one is just for you not because i think it adds Kudos....just because it winds you up:hihi: oh dear there's another!

That makes sense. When I ran the coffee and tea club at work a while ago, a couple of my colleagues said they would prefer not to drink Nestle products, but ideally fair trade.

I buy fair trade tea....I'm not really a coffee drinker.

My family boycotted all Kraft products for many years because they made my dad redundant many moons ago.... kind of hard now as they seem to own an awful lot nowadays! Besides I think my dad has got over it by now :hihi:

Other than that I wouldn't count myself as boycotting anything to be honest. Like a couple of other posters I don't eat Mcdonalds etc but that's just because I think it's rubbish.

Archived