Tories save economy

whilst you may be right, the jury hasn't even begun to consider it's verdict on george osborne - and won't do so in any objective way for a number of years yet - it is far too soon to be using descriptions like "the Chancellor is as good as any we have ever had" - relatively speaking he's only been in the job two minutes - i remain to be convinced as regards the long term effects of the current help to buy/mortgage guarantee scheme - albeit not a bad idea in principle

political dogma influencing economic policy isn't just a labour party problem - as an apparent conservative supporter you may not agree, but it was just as much an issue in the early years of Mrs Thatcher's Government

whilst you may be right, the jury hasn't even begun to consider it's verdict on george osborne - and won't do so in any objective way for a number of years yet - it is far too soon to be using descriptions like "the Chancellor is as good as any we have ever had" - relatively speaking he's only been in the job two minutes - i remain to be convinced as regards the long term effects of the current help to buy/mortgage guarantee scheme - albeit not a bad idea in principle

political dogma influencing economic policy isn't just a labour party problem - as an apparent conservative supporter you may not agree, but it was just as much an issue in the early years of Mrs Thatcher's Government

I reserve the right to have a positive opinion on Osborne. Others seem to have no reservation about having a negative one. This despite the short time he has been in power.

I agree with you regarding the political dogma of Mrs Thatcher, she realised that monetarism was the cure for the ills of the 70s, I believe she was right.

Clearly in a coalition, put together to save the country from the ravages of the Labour parties disastrous mismanagement, Cameron cannot fully implement Conservative policy.

If he wins the next election, which I cannot see him losing to a leader as weak as Milliband, we will see proper Tory management leading to a much healthier economy quicker.

Archived