Lady crying outside first point Crystal Peaks

There was a lady upset today outside first point. She told me she was being made homeless and had no money. She had walked to Peaks from Arborthorne, she was told to go to Howden House. I gave her money to get a bus but she walked away from the bus stop. Just wondered if she had approached anyone else or if she was genuine and needed help.

this sort of post has been cropping up for years----and people are still sucked in! its used to be at the train station,--I need to get home--a relative is very ill / dying and i have had my purse/ wallet stolen. as we say to our kids just say no!

this sort of post has been cropping up for years----and people are still sucked in! its used to be at the train station,--I need to get home--a relative is very ill / dying and i have had my purse/ wallet stolen. as we say to our kids just say no!

yes it most probably has cropped up before. This lady was very clean and tidy and was very upset, she must be a very good actress if she was faking . I gave her the benefit of the doubt and gave her £2.50. I have a kind heart :hihi:

yes it most probably has cropped up before. This lady was very clean and tidy and was very upset, she must be a very good actress if she was faking . I gave her the benefit of the doubt and gave her £2.50. I have a kind heart :hihi:

Maximum single fare is £1.30 on the 120 isnt it? So she definitely saw you coming :hihi:

yes it most probably has cropped up before. This lady was very clean and tidy and was very upset, she must be a very good actress if she was faking . I gave her the benefit of the doubt and gave her £2.50. I have a kind heart

I have done this before, and gave homeless people money.

This probably isn't the best idea. So now I either give them food or drink etc.

I have had one guy turn down food (two m and s egg custards) no joke!

I have found in my own personal experience that some people either want help or not - simple really.

But I do think know one should be left facing homelessness and I couldn't imagine it being a pleasant experience for anyone. I do wonder though if these people are beaten down so much and simply don't have the skills to seek help etc?

Makes me sad as well though that there is people pretending to be homeless to rip people off..

Archived