Lady crying outside first point Crystal Peaks

.... In the same way as kids 'volunteer' to be abused and beaten by their parents?

In the same way as a battered wife 'volunteers' to leave the matrimonial home?

Since when did someone begging turn into being beaten .You have said you have a lot to do with the Archer project yet they are homeless and most of them beg ..............x

There was a lady upset today outside first point. She told me she was being made homeless and had no money. She had walked to Peaks from Arborthorne, she was told to go to Howden House. I gave her money to get a bus but she walked away from the bus stop. Just wondered if she had approached anyone else or if she was genuine and needed help.

don't suppose she had brown hair did she?

there's one who tried the same story on me twice, she had left her kids in the car across town (!) because it had broken down and she needed to get the bus there. she made all the right noises for being upset and crying but no actual tears. :suspect:

You can safely assume anyone pulling this sort of story is a scammer. I remember waiting at the tram stop on West Street a few months ago and being approached by some overweight chap in his 40's. Said his poor old dad was in the hospital and he needed a bus fare to go and visit him. Told him nope, he pops off and starts screaming, walks down the street towards Subway for a minute. I see him further on, starts talking to a student, presumably with the same BS.

There was also someone with some sort of disability when I was in Crookes, just outside of Fultons Foods. Said he had just been to Sainsbury's and didn't have enough money to buy some fish fingers (!), so did I have a quid or two for him (!!!). I felt bad as he obviously has something wrong with him, but disabled people can just as easily be scam artists as anyone else.

He could have at least given me a better story!

Archived