SAS 'apologise' to the Princes for Diana's death

Henri Paul was an expert driver used to ferrying VIPs, and who I imagine would be trained in special driving techniques - how to lose following vehicles to avoid kidnap situations etc, and in a big powerful, expensive car, 60mph would not seem particularly fast.

I think labelling him as an expert is stretching the point a bit, as he didn't have the limo qualification that is apparently expected when driving these hire cars. He had however, been on three driving courses with merc/benz, learning evasive driving technique. Also, not that it is really relevant, but he was a qualified pilot, so he was no mug.

Not that Diana was definitely murdered, or that the SAS have been complicit, but I always suspected her death was a shady event. Not a mere accident, but that of a 'Boston Brakes' type 'hit' (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Boston%20Brakes), as verified by Sir Ranulph Ffiennes, a former SAS officer himself. Much of the whole story surrounding Diana's and Dodi's death doesn't add up, and I never just accepted the simple 'just an accident' theory espoused by irritated forummers across the web.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/428276/SAS-quizzed-over-Diana-death?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-uk-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+UK+Feed%29

Now that our own SAS lads, 30 of whom are being interviewed because they were still serving in 1997, could possibly have been involved in her possible murder? Or know something about it?

Seperately, some of even the SAS regiment think Diana was murdered.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/358049

But it's the first time a British Army Officer has apologised for such a thing (the probe of their involvement in her death)... and before anyone has even been charged?

Is it a case of no smoke without fire?

"Boston Brakes". That's genius. Steering is mechanical, so impossible to override. You could disable the power steering pump but that would just make it difficult (not impossible) to steer. So that, like the rest of your post, is utter ********.

"Boston Brakes". That's genius. Steering is mechanical, so impossible to override. You could disable the power steering pump but that would just make it difficult (not impossible) to steer. So that, like the rest of your post, is utter ********.

What is 'Boston Brakes' please?

The circumstances surrounding the death (in a Merc) of Michael Hastings, the American investigative journalist, who at the time of his death was apparently investigating government agencies, make for some interesting reading too.

Former U.S. National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection, and Counter-terrorism, Richard Clarke said that what is known about the crash is "consistent with a car cyber attack."

He was quoted as saying "There is reason to believe that intelligence agencies for major powers -- including the United States -- know how to remotely seize control of a car. So if there were a cyber attack on [Hastings'] car -- and I'm not saying there was, I think whoever did it would probably get away with it."

"I'm not a conspiracy guy. In fact, I've spent most of my life knocking down conspiracy theories," said Clarke, who ran afoul of the second Bush administration when he criticized the decision to invade Iraq after 9/11. "But my rule has always been you don't knock down a conspiracy theory until you can prove it [wrong]. And in the case of Michael Hastings, what evidence is available publicly is consistent with a car cyber attack. And the problem with that is you can't prove it."

Clarke said the Los Angeles Police Department likely wouldn't have the expertise to trace such an attack. "I think you'd probably need the very best of the U.S. government intelligence or law enforcement officials to discover it."

Archived