SAS 'apologise' to the Princes for Diana's death

The conspiracy theorists believe that those in 'power', were concerned by her relationships with Asian (Muslim) men-prior to Al Fayed she'd dated Asnat Khan.

Rumours abounded of her pregnancy and the the consequences of the next in line to the throne having a Muslim half brother or sister.

Thanks for that. Doesn't sound believable to me though. First of all in this day & age I can't see people being that concerned.Even accepting that royalists appear to like the idea of living in the past, but they wouldn't be that concerned surely?

It might even be seen as an advantage in terms of relationships with Asian countries.

Also, we're talking about the mother of the future King. Under those circumstances wouldn't it have made more sense to arrange an 'accident' for Dodi alone?

Thanks for that. Doesn't sound believable to me though. First of all in this day & age I can't see people being that concerned.Even accepting that royalists appear to like the idea of living in the past, but they wouldn't be that concerned surely?

It might even be seen as an advantage in terms of relationships with Asian countries.

Personally I believe the most compelling evidence against a conspiracy theory is the manner in which she died. I'm guessing any self respecting assassin would conceive a kill method that was guaranteed success, after all if she'd been wearing a seatbelt she'd probably have survived.

Also, we're talking about the mother of the future King. Under those circumstances wouldn't it have made more sense to arrange an 'accident' for Dodi alone?

What about the 'baby' they might well have been fretting about?

You've hit the nail on the head. That would have been far simpler and perhaps easier to have explained away.

Maybe in this particular case, the simple facts are that folk can't accept that some rich woman was foolish enough to get in a car with a drunk driver, and didn't wear her seat-belt. and was killed in the inevitable crash.

Personally I believe the most compelling evidence against a conspiracy theory is the manner in which she died. I'm guessing any self respecting assassin would conceive a kill method that was guaranteed success, after all if she'd been wearing a seatbelt she'd probably have survived.

Well if someone is that callous that they are prepared to kill to avert an embarrassment, then I'm sure a miscarriage could be arranged.

The pregnant rumour was only that anyway wasn't it, a rumour?

I agree about the method of death also, I mean a Mercedes is a solidly built car, no way could you guarantee killing someone under those circumstances.

The one thing that did strike me as a little strange was that the man who survived was her bodyguard.

Wouldn't part of his job have been to insist she wore a seatbelt? Also shouldn't he have noticed the driver was drunk? Or at the very least told him to slow down?

Still strikes me as a weird way to go about an assassination.As I recall we kept being treated to pictures in the papers of her diving off yachts into the sea.

A drowning accident had to be easier to arrange. SBS frogman waits underwater, holds her down til she dies. On the other hand it could be a double bluff, do it in such a way that it allays suspicion! :o:)

Well if someone is that callous that they are prepared to kill to avert an embarrassment, then I'm sure a miscarriage could be arranged.

The pregnant rumour was only that anyway wasn't it, a rumour?

Yes, it was but you can imagine the hysteria it's existence might have created (bloody hell, Im nearly talking myself into believing this nonsense)

I agree about the method of death also, I mean a Mercedes is a solidly built car, no way could you guarantee killing someone under those circumstances.

The one thing that did strike me as a little strange was that the man who survived was her bodyguard.

Wouldn't part of his job have been to insist she wore a seatbelt? Also shouldn't he have noticed the driver was drunk? Or at the very least told him to slow down?

I think he was Al Fayed's bodyguard.

Still strikes me as a weird way to go about an assassination.As I recall we kept being treated to pictures in the papers of her diving off yachts into the sea.

A drowning accident had to be easier to arrange. SBS frogman waits underwater, holds her down til she dies.

Funny, after your earlier point it got me thinking and I too think drowning would have been the best method if someone wanted to bump her off. Mind you there's still many believe Natalie Wood was the victim of foul play.

Are you saying that a bodyguard was in a plot to get in a car driven at breakneck speed by a drunken driver but it was okay for him as he was wearing a seatbelt? Al Fayed argued that, ignoring the fact that Diana was with his own son, staying in his hotel, in his car, driven by his driver.

Are you saying that a bodyguard was in a plot to get in a car driven at breakneck speed by a drunken driver but it was okay for him as he was wearing a seatbelt? Al Fayed argued that, ignoring the fact that Diana was with his own son, staying in his hotel, in his car, driven by his driver.

No I'm not, I'm saying that the bodyguard, despite being an ex British paratrooper & presumably well trained, wasn't very good at his job.

Seeing as how he spent months in hospital & needed facial reconstruction, if he'd been 'in on it' ,he'd have been an even more incompetent assassin than he was a bodyguard. As Al Fayed paid for his surgery he obviously didn't hold him responsible, although he didn't exactly cover himself with glory did he?

When your sober & presumably alert for any possible danger, & the people you are responsible for are being driven at high speed, without their seatbelts on by a drunk driver it might have been an idea to have reacted in some way don't you think?

Incidentally, I'm still awaiting an answer from you to my questions on the 'Bomb explodes in N Ireland thread. :)

Which is why the evidence of the ex SAS officer (Richard Tomlinson) was so important at the inquest. He said the plan that may have been used was originally drawn up to assassinate Milosovic. He described it as using a bright flashing light to dazzle the driver, a small car to knock the mercedes off course, and a motorbike with pillion passenger to do the deed. It wasn't used in the end, so was (or could have been) resurrected to deal with Diana.

All this is in the transcripts. He suffered a character assassination in the press.

---------- Post added 17-12-2013 at 23:21 ----------

The Muslim thing is only one part of it.

She was setting up her own court and refusing to 'go quietly.'

She was also interfering in politics with her landmine campaigns, and considering armaments are one of our biggest exports and worth £billions, she was gathering powerful enemies.

Archived