Ignorant Society

Not a dwarf, but I am extremely small. Supermarket top shelves are out of my reach. I hang about hoping a nice handsome young man will come to my aid.

Failing that, anyone will do. Nobody has ever refused, but always help with a smile. So I find mostly people are kind, but maybe need to be asked sometimes.

edited to add, I am super intelligent with an IQ of 158, whatever that signifies. There's a saying about great things come in small packages.

There are many things which many people find ignorant . You mention just one .

I see many people , not just in pairs but also in groups , where one is on the mobile talking to someone - totally oblivious to the presence of their friends / mates .

I have a mobile . If I am out with friends or mates I leave my mobile at home . An indication that I am content to be with them and in conversation with them .

Best hope you don't get seperated then, or need to order a taxi home, or even worse one of your friends is injured and you need to call 999.

Regularly I see a mum taking her daughter to school of a morning . Mum is chatting away on the mobile , in total ignorance of her daughters comments . I suspect that the daughter will grow up thinking that it is OK to ignore her but - maybe her safety ?

Maybe her safety what? Talking on the phone doesn't endanger a child.

Who is to say who is right?

Values certainly seem to have changed .

They do/and have, but I'm not sure that mobile phone use is a case worth singling out.

Was in Sainsburry's at Crystal Peaks today with a basket full of stuff and was waiting to be surved at the check out, when a woman in a wheelchair opposite on the other till was struggling and dropped her basket while putting stuff on the conveyor, meaning all the stuff went on the floor.

The person on the till was oblivious and so was the customers around her, so I held back my cue while I helped her pick up her stuff and put it all on the till, she said watch you don't hold up my till so I said I am sure they would understand and am sure they are not that impatient right in front of 2 women behind me with thunder on their faces, totally oblivious to an old lady in a wheelchair who needed some help.

So I did my good deed and continued getting served at my checkout, I got my bags and went on my way, still the staff or anyone else never said a word to me, at least people could be sociable and behave like humans instead of ignoring struggling disabled people.

I have not just done this, I have done countless good deeds in my time and never for thanks but to just feel good about myself that I have assisted people, I think more good will is needed in society and people's blatant ignorance to the world around them is rather alarming, I mean really, how do these people sleep at night.

Good to see that there are people around to help those in need. Modern heroes of society, very well done.

Maybe her safety what? Talking on the phone doesn't endanger a child.

It can do, if the parent is so involved in the conversation they're either distracted or oblivious to what's going on around them. I've many a time seen children wandering off or leaving a shop etc without the parent noticing.

I have had a theory for several years: There is a constant amount of common sense, but the population is getting larger. Therefore, the average amount of common sense goes down.

How do you explain a constant amount going down then?

Archived