Mazda Engine issue?

We have a Mazda 323F 1.5 litre 1997 year,

The problem it has is when in 2nd gear with the clutch down it stalls out (but only every now and again), but will start right back up again.

I've changed the fuel filter, air filter, put new spark plugs on it, cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle body, even checked for vacuum leaks and reset the ECU after all this and let it learn the idle again.

Anyone got any ideas what the problem could be?

Tempted to try the O2 sensor next?

I realize it could be a transmission issue/clutch but i'm trying to eliminate the maintenance type bits(that need changing anyway) before throwing top dollar at big stuff.

(also oil filter replacement and oil change are on my list when i get a set of axle stands)

Cheers.

Liam.

We have a Mazda 323F 1.5 litre 1997 year,

The problem it has is when in 2nd gear with the clutch down it stalls out (but only every now and again), but will start right back up again.

I've changed the fuel filter, air filter, put new spark plugs on it, cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle body, even checked for vacuum leaks and reset the ECU after all this and let it learn the idle again.

Anyone got any ideas what the problem could be?

Tempted to try the O2 sensor next?

I realize it could be a transmission issue/clutch but i'm trying to eliminate the maintenance type bits(that need changing anyway) before throwing top dollar at big stuff.

(also oil filter replacement and oil change are on my list when i get a set of axle stands)

Cheers.

Liam.

Have you read the codes yet?

Archived