11 September 2001 ['9/11']

I think it should be commemorated by anyone any where if that's their wish.

The dead are dead but there are those that are alive who lost relatives, both sides, regardless of rhyme or reason.

I just wish the whole thing was done with dignity. Ok, the Dollar is a driving force but surely when it comes to tragedy and death (not Hollywood but real stuff) some things are just a bit to close to the bone. Snow domes, badges, tshirts, car stickers, films. Pimps don't just sell pussy, they'll sell anything that'll make them a buck or two. Sadly they have a queue of buyers ready to lap it up and I'm not sure who is at fault more.

Respect is earned, the USA used the tragic deaths on 9/11 to further its project for the new American century aims and even though bin laden is gone and most of the perpetrators of that crime also it continues to spin lies and brands people terrorists as and when it sees fit when in reality you are creating more terrorists.

As another poster pointed out, what does the USA do on the anniversary of 7/7 in this country?

America has killed enough innocent people in revenge for 9/11 so if your looking for respect than look to your own citizens and don't expect other nations people to show respect when you don't show much yourselves.

---------- Post added 11-09-2013 at 02:11 ----------

How about the Irish Republican Army then? How do you feel about the IRA?

Were they justified in doing what they did? According to their mind set they were fighting a country who they saw as occupying part of their island and which had inflicted centuries of tyranny on their people.

If you're making excuses for the 9/11 bombers why shouldnt you feel that the IRA were only doing the same thing, that is carrying out attacks to settle a score? Different causes, same mentalities, same methods

How about the Irish Republican Army then? How do you feel about the IRA?

Were they justified in doing what they did? According to their mind set they were fighting a country who they saw as occupying part of their island and which had inflicted centuries of tyranny on their people.

If you're making excuses for the 9/11 bombers why shouldnt you feel that the IRA were only doing the same thing, that is carrying out attacks to settle a score? Different causes, same mentalities, same methods

He's anti-western, so he probably agrrees with what the IRA were doing, even if he tries to deny it.

I agree. Why should we have to visibly DO anything.

Quiet personal relection on a tragic event should be perfectly sufficient. All this percieved need for public memorium on anything and everything is totally unncessary.

What do Amercians do on 7/7 each year? How about the anniversaries of the many IRA attacks on London and Manchester is there national usa public mourning and rememberence for that each year?

I suspect the reason that America doesn't mark 7/7 as an "event" is due to the number of fatalities.

Less than a hundred, thankfully less, died in July 07. Approaching 3,000 died in September 2001. I suspect less have died in the IRA troubles over the years than in one incident in the US, although I don't know that for certain.

I can't think of many other attacks in peacetime with such a loss of life hence the rememberance.

My mom's birthday Sept 12 forever overshadowed.

It's my wedding anniversary on that date....At least I never forget to get the Mrs a card.

I think one of the angriest I've ever been was watching Question Time on the night of 9/11. I actually had to turn the TV off in disgust and go for a walk. Fortunately I was listening to Talksport and it was clear many other people were feeling the same disgust as me with regards to QT that night.

An awful day when the world probably changed and not for the better.

Regards

Doom

Respect is earned, the USA used the tragic deaths on 9/11 to further its project for the new American century aims and even though bin laden is gone and most of the perpetrators of that crime also it continues to spin lies and brands people terrorists as and when it sees fit when in reality you are creating more terrorists.

As another poster pointed out, what does the USA do on the anniversary of 7/7 in this country?

America has killed enough innocent people in revenge for 9/11 so if your looking for respect than look to your own citizens and don't expect other nations people to show respect when you don't show much yourselves.

---------- Post added 11-09-2013 at 02:11 ----------

The families of the victims have outright criticised the previous government for using their names in vain.

I suspect the reason that America doesn't mark 7/7 as an "event" is due to the number of fatalities.

Less than a hundred, thankfully less, died in July 07. Approaching 3,000 died in September 2001. I suspect less have died in the IRA troubles over the years than in one incident in the US, although I don't know that for certain.

I can't think of many other attacks in peacetime with such a loss of life hence the rememberance.

They dont. During the remembrance of the 7/7 victims, NBC didnt even air it.

Which, IMO, is disgusting.

I think one of the angriest I've ever been was watching Question Time on the night of 9/11. I actually had to turn the TV off in disgust and go for a walk. Fortunately I was listening to Talksport and it was clear many other people were feeling the same disgust as me with regards to QT that night.

An awful day when the world probably changed and not for the better.

Regards

Doom

You mean the Thursday night panel. 9/11 happened on a Tuesday morning, and QT only airs on Thursday.

Archived