BMW Issue ideas?

Purchased a BMW 320d 59 plate from Johnson Cars on Hollinsend Road in July.

No concerns with the car - apart from the service was already due when we purchased it, but never mind.

Car has run fine until last night, when the car started shaking.

Independent garage has looked at it and said an inlet flap has broken off and entered the engine, great.

They've given me a price which I trust to be correct, but said to take it back as it is within 3 months of purchase and should have warranty still....

Johnson Motors say they only offer 28 days when I got there.

No paperwork supplied confirming how long the warranty is for. Obviously I should have checked this originally, but I was certain they said 3 months then too. Perhaps I was wrong.

So now, stuck in limbo as to what to do.... any ideas people before I lump a good amount of money that I could do without spending?

Much appreciated

I didn't think you can name a company if you have a problem with them,

you are naming Johnson motors, which I am glad you have as my wife as seen a

Audi A5 3.0 TDI Quattro S Line 5dr S Tronic ONE OWNER FROM NEW at nearly 15000

and she was told 3 months warranty,

thanks now going to gilders audi meadowhead, hope you have some luck

I didn't think you can name a company on here also,as a thread also from a mod said no naming and shaming also, then a mod names and shames a company,

I'm not shaming any company, merely advising what their warranty is.

I thought it was one thing, they say it is another.... as said, perhaps I was incorrect.

If you feel it is breaking the rules of the forum, please report the post and someone else will moderate it, rather than try and ruin the thread.

As someone who has worked in the trade and at a main dealers. My advice would be to kick off with them and find out if they have a head office then approach them. They will give in! Arm your self with as much paperwork and threaten social media (they hate that!) and also legal action...

Don't give up!

---------- Post added 11-09-2013 at 20:50 ----------

Ps.. It's also a known issue with the engine so ask the garage if they can approach bmw for a contribution..

Whilst the warranty does offer you some protection you also have rights under the sale of goods act which may be of assistance to you but without knowing more about the vehicle, price, service history etc it's not possible to advise any further. Also if the vehicle was bought on finance or deposit paid by credit card the lender may have joint liability with the dealer.

Archived