'Spiritualist?' Help need for Friend, they 'keep seeing ghosts'

Folks,

Just a slightly unusual request; I have a friend (Not living in Sheffield, so I decided to put this under 'general discussions') and they have been on to me a couple of times over the past month saying that they have been seeing ghosts, or to be more accurate, 'a woman' who shouldnt be there in their flat.

This friend lives in a small modern flat with just one other person, so it is not as if other friends and strangers come and go a lot in the flat.

I should also mention that this friend (who is in their 20's BTW) has been receiving help recently due to a nervous breakdown as a result of financial and health worries, and they were looking at getting further mental health advice/ support over this issue.

The main question is, therefore, is it common for fairly young people in their 20's to suffer hallucinations or seeing 'ghosts' like this friend of mine? I should make it CATEGORICALLY CLEAR HERE AND NOW that this friend of mine does NOT take Cannabis or ANY other drugs; they do smoke and drink, and the 'ghost' episodes have only been happening in the last month or so.

I already suggested to them about contacting the local Spiritualist Church, which is about a mile away from where they live, but they didnt think that would help.

Does anyone know if the Spiritualists are helpful in at least finding out if this is a genuine haunting and/or any advice on how to deal with it? I can contact a number of other spiritually minded friends and have some ideas of my own, but any people who know of similar experiences and who have tried, or in particular succeeded, in tackling it would be most welcome to post constructive advice here.:help:

Folks,

Just a slightly unusual request; I have a friend (Not living in Sheffield, so I decided to put this under 'general discussions') and they have been on to me a couple of times over the past month saying that they have been seeing ghosts, or to be more accurate, 'a woman' who shouldnt be there in their flat.

This friend lives in a small modern flat with just one other person, so it is not as if other friends and strangers come and go a lot in the flat.

I should also mention that this friend (who is in their 20's BTW) has been receiving help recently due to a nervous breakdown as a result of financial and health worries, and they were looking at getting further mental health advice/ support over this issue.

The main question is, therefore, is it common for fairly young people in their 20's to suffer hallucinations or seeing 'ghosts' like this friend of mine? I should make it CATEGORICALLY CLEAR HERE AND NOW that this friend of mine does NOT take Cannabis or ANY other drugs; they do smoke and drink, and the 'ghost' episodes have only been happening in the last month or so.

I already suggested to them about contacting the local Spiritualist Church, which is about a mile away from where they live, but they didnt think that would help.

Does anyone know if the Spiritualists are helpful in at least finding out if this is a genuine haunting and/or any advice on how to deal with it? I can contact a number of other spiritually minded friends and have some ideas of my own, but any people who know of similar experiences and who have tried, or in particular succeeded, in tackling it would be most welcome to post constructive advice here.:help:

The most honest answer I can give is that the Spiritualist Church was founded upon lies, to put it bluntly. The Fox sisters faked communicating with the dead but by the time they admitted it the church already had a following.

To this day nobody has ever proved they can communicate with the dead.

The most honest answer I can give is that the Spiritualist Church was founded upon lies, to put it bluntly. The Fox sisters faked communicating with the dead but by the time they admitted it the church already had a following.

To this day nobody has ever proved they can communicate with the dead.

To this day nobody has ever proved they can't communicate with the dead.

To this day nobody has ever proved they can't communicate with the dead.

Why would anyone need to prove they can't communicate with the dead?

If you can communicate with the dead, then you can prove it.

If somebody claims they can do something, it's up to them they can do it, it's not up to others to prove they can't

Archived