'Spiritualist?' Help need for Friend, they 'keep seeing ghosts'

And you do understand how pompous and ignorant people stating definites about this subject sound, don't you?

How can a fact be pompous and ignorant?

Nobody has ever proved that they can communicate with the dead. Any beliefs you may have to the contrary don't change anything.

Why would anyone need to prove they can't communicate with the dead?

If you can communicate with the dead, then you can prove it.

If somebody claims they can do something, it's up to them they can do it, it's not up to others to prove they can't

Well I never said I could, I have an open mind, not making bold denial claims.

I also don't go onto other people's threads stating ''facts'' that something does not exist as though that is science?

That is pomposity and arrogance. :hihi:

Well I never said I could, I have an open mind, not making bold denial claims.

I also don't go onto other people's threads stating ''facts'' that something does not exist as though that is science?

That is pomposity and arrogance. :hihi:

An open mind tends to look at evidence and apply critical thinking. You don't seem to do any of that.

It's easy to prove if someone can talk to the dead.

Gather them all in one place, take a volunteer (maybe a terminal patient who's family would be well compensated) Give that volunteer a message, kept secret from the "dead whisperers", made impossible to guess and kill the volunteer.

If any one of the "dead whisperers" actually can talk to the dead then he/she will be able to communicate the correct message. Thus proving that they can indeed talk to the dead.

How do you know me so well? Lol

Then you haven't bothered to read my thread's first carefully-worded post. You don't seem to read.

---------- Post added 11-09-2013 at 20:38 ----------

Anyway, OP, wish your friend the best in whatever it turns out to be.

I read it fine. It's pointless.

It's easy to prove if someone can talk to the dead.

Gather them all in one place, take a volunteer (maybe a terminal patient who's family would be well compensated) Give that volunteer a message, kept secret from the "dead whisperers", made impossible to guess and kill the volunteer.

If any one of the "dead whisperers" actually can talk to the dead then he/she will be able to communicate the correct message. Thus proving that they can indeed talk to the dead.

... or it was just a very good guess!

Which is what lots of people will say, even if it is correct... this is the reason why you cannot 100% prove that someone CAN or CANNOT communicate with the dead, as for tests on either side, there are always opposite and alternative arguments...

The only time it will be proven is when we can all do it!! - then, and only then will we know 100%

So, until that time, there will be those who believe, and those who don't...

I read it fine. It's pointless.

Like your account? And illogical arrogance.

Which is what lots of people will say, even if it is correct... this is the reason why you cannot 100% prove that someone CAN or CANNOT communicate with the dead, as for tests on either side, there are always opposite and alternative arguments...

The only time it will be proven is when we can all do it!! - then, and only then will we know 100%

Finally, an intelligent and open-minded reply.

Like your account? And illogical arrogance.

Illogical? Brilliant

---------- Post added 11-09-2013 at 20:56 ----------

It could be proved in a controlled experiment.

$1 million awaits the first person

Archived