Sheffield Half Marathon

jemson

There's supposed to be an announcement soon about the new route (I'm suspecting it involves a football ground in S6). Going to be a big ask to fill the gap left by DVS IMO. Maybe it would work if BOTH clubs were involved. How's about a route Hillsboro - city centre - bramall Lane including a lap of the pitch at each? That would be special / unique but it'll be football season still so not realistic.

A 2 lap format taking in Eccy Rd twice could be an interesting idea.... analysis would have to be done on how to do it so that the leaders and front runners were not hampered by the back markers....running on dual carriages in general should be outlawed :-)

If it does indeed start at Hillsborough then its most probable that penistone rd would be used, to run up and rejoin the old course.

Yeah, I`m expecting a `similar` route but using that football ground as a base / start. I`ll be pleased and surprised if a lot of miles on Penistone Road are not included.

Up Eccy Road to Abbey Lane is a big climb so that won`t happen.

Archived