Human right to Shelter - UK needs to address the housing crisis.

What type of housing do UK people deserve?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What type of housing do UK people deserve?

• Decent housing with gardens and rooms.
    • Decent flats without gardens.
    • Tiny Flats.
    • I don't care if fellow citizens end up homeless.

We need planning permission there for 2million homes, so that 400 000 can be built per year, and we should be giving permission for 400 000 new homes per year.

The cost of housing would fall dramatically. Small builders could thrive and build a variety of housing. No need for estates of small Barrett boxes.

Sounds like very good sense. Would the Government see it like this? What goes through their minds when they see the state of the UK,s housing shortage?

They start basic and fund the building of a house (be it by their own labour or by others, by exchanging theirs).

I don't know how to start building a house. I can play the harmonica for 2 hours a day for your entertainment. How's that? Oh and who is going to run gas, electric and water to my house (that you're building in exchange for my musical talents) and who is taking away the waste water?

I don't know how to start building a house. I can play the harmonica for 2 hours a day for your entertainment. How's that? Oh and who is going to run gas, electric and water to my house (that you're building in exchange for my musical talents) and who is taking away the waste water?

The guitar players, singer and drummer can play a few tunes too.

The guitar players, singer and drummer can play a few tunes too.

Why are you trying to stifle my art? I'm a solo artist. Anyway, why haven't you started my house yet?

Oh, and my two neighbours have knocked up a three story one pallet and tarp one each. There's lots of shade in my garden now so I'm not sure what will grow. Neither have indoor plumbing so it smells a bit out there.

Never heard so much rubbish from the OP since the last tirade of rubbish on the same subject.

ANYBODY can have a home, clean water etc in this country upon basically 2 conditions. Condition 1 - they work and buy/rent a home out of their earnings and 2 - they can supply legitimate reasons why they cannot work and should be awarded shelter etc on the state.

The rest fall into a category of largely self imposed exemptions and that, is their problem. If they want to do something about their situation, they can if they want to... sadly for them, often they dont and expect the state to support them under 'human rights'.

Nature dictates that humans dont even have a right to live, and thats why we all die sometime. Anything else is a bonus.

Just a small plot tax free. larger plots would require more tax.

Citizens income. They could afford to build a small modest house, nothing grand, but decent nonetheless.

We already do the above, or at least, we have done, and we can build social housing, but we can also allow others to build their own as well.

Well, forgive me for, quite selfishly I admit, not giving much of a twonk about the above.

I have absolutely no wish to live in this system of yours, which is basically an anarchic commune.

I likes me some social order, rules, progress and comfort :D

If there are two loafs of bread and just me and you, and we each require one to survive, if one controls the bread, he has power over the other.

To tax the bread and force it to be shared is best thing to do. There is an issue of unfairness, if one spends his time making the two loaves and the other does nothing.

So, basically, your argument relies entirely upon changing fundamental aspects of human nature, never mind aeons of social dogma.

Riiight, chem1st, that'll happen...

Hang on, hang on: you were on about building quality houses. Nothing about the land they sit on.

Now, even if the land was given to them, my question stands: how are people housed and fed at society's expense going to build a quality house? What with?

Or are we supposed to buy them the bricks, mortar, tiles, windows, fixtures, fittings, furniture, tools, cranes, cement mixers, etc, etc. as well as given them the land, in your utopia?

:rolleyes::help:

You speak with forked tongue, me still no understand :(

Don't be expecting any clear, concise replies to any of your questions.

I have noticed that the op only replies to certain questions and not to any with a

Valid point.

Archived