Incriminating evidence from a taped meeting?

A 'mole' has voice recorded some very incriminating evidence which categorically proves what we suspected the perpetrator has succeeded in and planned more of.

Can unwittingly recorded meetings ever be used as incriminating evidence? What legal implications are there? Or should we just go straight to the press and let them deal with it?

If there were any question as to admissibility of such evidence, the investigators who continually follow my seriously injured clients, hoping to catch and film them building houses and tap dancing to prove that they haven't really lost a leg would be very much out of work. They aren't.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Does entrapment apply to the work you do ?

Nope. It's civil though.

To be honest I always remember when I did criminal HHJ Bentley saying that he didn't care that entrapment was against EU law, and European law could apparently go to hell. Funny old man.

---------- Post added 13-09-2013 at 07:31 ----------

P.S. I thought the OP was a civil issue as it's people v people it seems. Might be wrong though.

---------- Post added 13-09-2013 at 07:33 ----------

I should clarify it might apply if someone went to said client and asked them to do something to incriminate themselves but they tend not to do that.

Archived