Friday the 13th!

Stayed overnight at a Holiday Inn Express last weekend. The room was no.211, and I noticed the room numbers jumped from 211 to 215. Are people really that superstitious?

The blocks at Sheffield Arena jump from 112 to 114, although strangely in the upper tier there is a 213.

Regards

Doom

Many aircraft omit seat row 13.

Silly really; if the plane's going down it matters little which row you're sitting in!!

According to a study of plane crash survival it does matter what row you're sitting in if you survive the initial collision with the ground. This depends on how close to an exit you're sitting in in order to escape before the plane goes up in flames. It also helps if you have an aisle seat.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/07/30/how-to-survive-a-plane-crash-10-tips-that-could-save-your-life/

Stayed overnight at a Holiday Inn Express last weekend. The room was no.211, and I noticed the room numbers jumped from 211 to 215. Are people really that superstitious?

As long as it wasn't 217 :suspect:

I remember I used to know someone whose house was numbered 11A instead of 13, it used to confuse the post and the electricity suppliers.

Archived