Is it time for anonymity for the accused?

There is nothing 'legally dubious' about the figures I presented. They ome from reputable sources.

The absence of conviction does not mean that 85,000 men are wrongly alleged to have raped.

Wrong. One in three women - according to the article you link you - say they have been sexually assaulted by other women.

The vast majority of rape is perpetrated by men against women.

You sound rather like a misogynistic man pretending to be a woman.

They are alleged rape and not rape, that's a accepted term before a conviction. Please name some of the men who committed the rapes then. You can't because you know you'd be sued. They are alleged rapes.

Yes the majority of rapes are committed by men on women. But as a percentage of the subject group more lesbians rape other lesbians per capita. Its simple math.

Not all women are men haters, some can see the issue from both sides.

---------- Post added 14-09-2013 at 16:39 ----------

So if we accept the figures. I'll use your terms. ie sexual assault. As one in 3 lesbians claim to have been sexually assaulted. Would you accept that the odds on a lesbian being assaulted by a woman are higher than a woman being assaulted by a man?

---------- Post added 14-09-2013 at 16:41 ----------

I think that giving Michael De Vell the chance to clear his name was the best thing that could have happened to him in the situation that he was in. Without it the accusations would have been hanging over his head, the evidence was heard in public and the jury decided he was innocent.

That should be the end of it.

That has to be the most be muddled logic I have ever heard, in the history of foruming..

So if we accept the figures. I'll use your terms. ie sexual assault. As one in 3 lesbians claim to have been sexually assaulted. Would you accept that the odds on a lesbian being assaulted by a woman are higher than a woman being assaulted by a man?

No, I wouldn't.

No, I wouldn't.

Do you understand percentages?

Serious question?

Say there were 1000 women and 100 said they had been sexually assaulted by a man. This would mean that 10% of these women have been assaulted. This means it a 1 in 10 chance that a woman will be sexually assaulted by a man.

Then there are 100 lesbians and 30 of these say that they have been sexually assaulted by another woman. This would mean 30% of these women have been assaulted. This would mean that there was a 3 in 10 chance of a woman being sexually assaulted by another woman.

So although there are 100 women assaulted by a man and only 30 women assaulted by another woman the chances of a lesbian suffering sexual assault by another woman are greater than a woman being sexually assaulted by a man.

I've explained it as simply as I can. Do you understand the data now?

Do you understand percentages?

Serious question?

Say there were 1000 women and 100 said they had been sexually assaulted by a man. This would mean that 10% of these women have been assaulted. This means it a 1 in 10 chance that a woman will be sexually assaulted by a man.

Then there are 100 lesbians and 30 of these say that they have been sexually assaulted by another woman. This would mean 30% of these women have been assaulted. This would mean that there was a 3 in 10 chance of a woman being sexually assaulted by another woman.

So although there are 100 women assaulted by a man and only 30 women assaulted by another woman the chances of a lesbian suffering sexual assault by another woman are greater than a woman being sexually assaulted by a man.

I've explained it as simply as I can. Do you understand the data now?

'The data' are some random numbers you've plucked out of the air.

Without knowing the total number of women sexually assaulted by men, the total number of lesbian women assaulted by men and by women and the relative proportions of men, women and lesbian women in the population you simply can't make assertions like that.

Besides, why are you stressing the point anyway?

'The data' are some random numbers you've plucked out of the air.

Without knowing the total number of women sexually assaulted by men, the total number of lesbian women assaulted by men and by women and the relative proportions of men, women and lesbian women in the population you simply can't make assertions like that.

Besides, why are you stressing the point anyway?

I saw the figure that 1 in 3 lesbians claim to have been assaulted by another woman....

I was making the point, in relation to you posting that men, apparently, are the only ones who commit sexual assaults. You made a gender issue out of it because you never mentioned woman as culprits. I was just balancing the books.

That has to be the most be muddled logic I have ever heard, in the history of foruming..

If I was falsely accused of raping someone, I'd welcome the chance to clear my name rather than have the allegations hanging over me. Do you care to explain how you managed to conclude that this is the most muddled logic you have ever heard........?

If I was falsely accused of raping someone, I'd welcome the chance to clear my name rather than have the allegations hanging over me. Do you care to explain how you managed to conclude that this is the most muddled logic you have ever heard........?

I would have thought that if the charges were never brought the only people who would know are the accused the complainant and the police.

As the charges were brought LeVelle had the stress of losing his liberty, his name, his job and any sort of peace of mind.

Even though he was found not guilty he will have still suffered a great deal and there will always be, as shown on this thread, those who don't believe he is innocent.

Its a no brainer in my book.

Approximately 85,000 women raped in the UK per year -

http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk/Statistics2.php

and about 1,070 people convicted of rape each year -

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/100000-assaults-1000-rapists-sentenced-shockingly-low-conviction-rates-revealed-8446058.html

By my reckoning that's about 83,930 rapists getting away with rape.

Or the figure of 85,000 is inaccurate, I suspect its a bit of both.

I would have thought that if the charges were never brought the only people who would know are the accused the complainant and the police.

As the charges were brought LeVelle had the stress of losing his liberty, his name, his job and any sort of peace of mind.

Even though he was found not guilty he will have still suffered a great deal and there will always be, as shown on this thread, those who don't believe he is innocent.

Its a no brainer in my book.

The allegations were in the pubic domain even without the charges being brought, so the accusation would have been hanging over LeVelle, this may well have blighted his career as well effecting him personally. Thanks to the trial everyone could see that the evidence was found to point comprehensively towards LeVelle's innocence, so there cannot be any question now as to his guilt.

Archived